X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 September 2004 - 08:55 PM

Yeah I agree! Beamish, FO.
Firstly, two URLs are working perfectly at the moment - just checked myself and secondly, don't bitch and moan about a free service!

#857 WillyBeamish

WillyBeamish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:50 PM

sry

Edited by WillyBeamish, 02 September 2004 - 10:09 PM.

#858 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

alright beamish, this is a greatly helpful thread, lets not turn it into a war man...
im not trying to be an asshole, but you arent looking hard enough.

#859 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 September 2004 - 02:22 AM

AAARG!

Alright, for the uninitiated, and want-to-know types... The main I've been 'gone' is that I'm in the Air Force, and occasionaly get to go 'do things' 'somewhere else'.

As for the two mirrors being down... I have no clue why, as all mirrors pull from the same database. On a similar note, I've had two or three offers for other mirrors, and I'll see if those offers are still valid, or see about getting a host of my own.

Anyways, I'm going to get to work on the site over my gladly accepted four day weekend and see if I can't get everything back up to speed.

As for the first post and it's crap-load of 'broken' links, I'm just going to link straight to the deadeye site for now.

#860 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 September 2004 - 09:29 AM

id take the 4 day weekend, and make it a 4 day weekend, and enjoy yourself on your time off!!!!

grill a steak and sip a beer man...

#861 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, damnit, gaming! I love that emulators have been ported to the xbox.

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:46 AM

Hehehe.. take a four day weekend... I like that...

On a similar note, two new mirrors.

http://rahszhul.xhce.com/
http://www.maverex.net/xbox/

As of right now, they still pull from that exact same database, but soon they will each be there very own complete site, so there will be less of a chance that all will be down at the same time.

Edit: and, for some strange reason, it looks like the two previous mirrors are working again... or maybe I just hallucinated that.

http://www.chefelf.com/~rahszhul/
http://rahszhul.jonmega.com/

Edited by Rahszhul, 04 September 2004 - 01:52 AM.

#862 nezff

nezff

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:gaming, gaming o and gaming

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:49 AM

beerchug.gif have a beer bro and relax tongue.gif

#863 Kori

Kori

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Rahszhul @ Sep 4 2004, 02:49 AM)
http://rahszhul.jonmega.com/

Man I had just closed the window, when I had to reopen it to reread this last url. For a minute I was thinking you had gotten iomega to be a mirror. First zip drives now this!

#864 studly

studly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:04 AM

Ok great link i can delete the files wahoo. Now i want to take it a step further and actually understand what the hell im doing and how to delete the right files. Any one have a good website for a newb to start to understand.

Also I dont get how i can just delete a file. The program at one point has to call the file for a reason so what happends when the program trys and calls the file that got deleted? also they always say you can delete the dashupdate.xbe for xbox live wouldnt that prevent you from being able to play it online (via xbconnect or other programs like it)?

I also read something on relinking different video files. If anyone has a good website that they use/used please post up a link.

Thanks.

#865 Rahszhul

Rahszhul

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:41 AM

These are all questions I've answered many times before. But, I'm not totally against re-answering for the un-initiated. I mean reading through 850+ posts would be hell, right? ...right?

How to delete? If you store backups on your hard drive, and have FTP access to your xbox, deleting couldn't be easier. Just go to where you put the game, then go to the file/folder listed, slect it, delete it. Golden! (I, however, suggest backing up what you plan to delete just incase it doesn't work for you.)

If you have the .iso on your computer, then it's a case of extracting the contents to a folder on your PC, and going to the proper file/folder and delete it. Then you can re-iso the newly ripped game and burn it to disc, or transfer the game over to your xbox.

If you've already backed up your games to DVD-R or similar non-rewritable media... you're S.O.L.

Dependant on how the game was coded, deleting a file could cause prolems. However, I'd say 40% of the files I've listed are never called. Those being other languages, or videos encoded for a different region.

In the case of videos deleted that ARE called upon, like pre-game company logo videos... the game will call for the file, receive an error, but the coder's didn't error trap for this possibility and game moves on to the next step.

Anyways, xbox live... NO! Want detailed reasons why? Go to any one of my mirrors, find a game with xbox live deletions, and click on the header "Xbox Live" Mass info!

On a similar note, xbox live, and LAN are completely different code sets. (Remember X-Link and XBConnect make the internet look like a LAN to your xbox, not an xbox live clone.) So, removing xbox live content does not harm your backup, nor it's ability to play LAN based games.

Relinking Tutorial.

#866 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 10:41 AM

first of all you can't play a backup on xbox live anyway, so dashupdate can be deleted.
the whole idea of it is that you are deleting files that the game doesn't use.

#867 snake3k1

snake3k1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 05:18 PM

Yep dashupdate.xbe and update.xbe can be deleted in EVERY backup and not harm the backup in any way.

#868 RocafellaSqualie

RocafellaSqualie

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 07 September 2004 - 10:15 PM

Bumping this page. Falling down the list smile.gif

#869 toyato89

toyato89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:24 AM

Yeah... you shouldn't have to bump the page though, b/c it used to be pinned... what happened to the pin? This is probably the longest thread in the history of message boards (don't quote me on that though), so obviously for historical reasons the pin should be reinstated.

Well, that's my $0.02 anyways. Take it or leave it.

#870 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (toyato89 @ Sep 7 2004, 10:27 PM)
This is probably the longest thread in the history of message boards (don't quote me on that though)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users