#1 mds

mds

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 18 December 2003 - 09:30 AM

Hi all,

I'm keen to get an XBIT modchip kit asap, but have seen the info on the DMS site saying they are unavailable from 9 Dec until the end of the year.

Does anyone have any updates on their availability, or details on the "defective components"

Thanks

#2 ryoaska

ryoaska

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 07:57 PM

Hey- i'm not sure if this will be much help to you- but i can let you know my own experience. I ordered an x-b.i.t from xbox-modchips.com probably a little over a month ago. They pretended they were in stock at the time and just let me sit and wait never getting back to a single email untill about a month later when i wrote to inform them that i was requesting a refund though mypaysystems (the billing system they use). All of a sudden someone magically popped up and informed me that they were on 'back order'. not untill today did i finally recieve about 5 responses to each of the emails i had sent before- all with the same content- which was the information on how the latest batch had been recalled and a refference to the posting you mentioned on the dms site about this. You've already read that, so obviously i can't give you any better accuracy on when these chips will start becoming /actually/ available to ship from resellers- but all i can say is be /very/ careful about the company you choose. I've heard good things about the x-b.i.t chip- and that it's definitely worth the investment- usually very reliable components. so i would trust them as a company- i think they just had some unfortunate problems, but it's just certain resellers that have been very shady. I'd guess that some time toward the middle of january the chips will start being available again- but my advice is definitely do your homework and make contact with the company about whether items are /actually/ in stock etc. before you commit.

#3 Genz

Genz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:18 AM

Hi!

I ordered my chip around Dec 8 and on Dec 9 the delay was declared. The shop I ordered my XBit at has now given me a new shipping date and it is supposed to go out on Dec 29. But I guess when you now order a chip, you won't get it before january, because they need to serve all the orders from those people that waited for quite some time now, first.
So don't expect anything to happen before January. That is my guess.
And as far as I know, the problems were not caused by dms itself but by their suppliers who delivered them the wrong cables and boards (but I must admit that the only source I know that from is the shop I ordered at. All the other sites didn't offer this piece of information).
Furthermore it is always better to go with the well known shops that have a decent reputation. Especially when it is about such kind of chips that are still more or less 'underground' ;) with many unexperienced users that you can easily rip off, because they will be afraid to sue, because they think they were involved in illegal activities or anything of that kind. So... there probably is a herd of black sheep out there ;)

Regards.

#4 Ksw1

Ksw1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 December 2003 - 12:34 PM

mds-

You might try searching in the Buy/Sell forum as I have seen several posts where people have them and are willing to sell or trade them.

Good Luck, and Happy Holidays!

#5 ryoaska

ryoaska

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 07:08 PM

you may be right mds- but i think i hvae to go with what Genz was saying, and say that researching a good reseller is probably a better idea. At least then theres more of a chance of having problems solved or at least finding some good information on the people who scammed you. But dealing one on one with someone you don't know on a product base that's riddled with fakes, imposters, and scams just doesn't seem like a good idea. It's true that any scam artist posing as a retailer may be essentially the same thing- but in that case at least you might have a little bit more to go on trying to fix the situation. Just my opinion-

#6 joebob2000

joebob2000

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 12:38 AM

I ordered one the 14th from modchip.com and they mailed it on the 15th. While I havent received it so I dont know for sure, this company has proven reliable before so I am giving them the benefit of the doubt until i get (or dont get) the chip. Email them to see if they still have any in stock. They work out of austria/netherlands, so it may take a day to get a reply. Good luck!

joebob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users