For some very very strange reason, some of my NES roms simply will NOT transfer to my Xbox via FTP. I'm running EvoX FTP server on my Xbox, and usually have no problem transferring any files from my main PC (using flashfxp) to the xbox.
I have the full NES 8820 romset, and I'm looking to transfer the whole lot over. I would say about 60% of the roms do transfer over just fine, but then the other 40% are showing a red arrow in the transfer pane of FlashFXP, and do NOT transfer over.
I thought this might have been a "read only" problem since I did have these roms on CD. So I made sure the attributes of the roms were set properly -- but still same problem.
I also then tried the transfer in reverse -- I setup an FTP server on my PC, and used the FTP client software on my Xbox to login to my PC to initiate the transfer. Pretty much the same deal... some transfer over, some don't.
The only thing I can possibly think of is this might be a file naming issue. Some of these roms have really long filenames, and use alot of bracketed characters -- here's an example: 10-Yard Fight (J) [p1][o3].zip
Has anyone else seen this kind of problem?
Edited by kgibbons, 19 December 2003 - 02:51 PM.