Photo

Stumped And Bummed ,box Rebooting Only From Hd!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 08:16 PM

Hi any help would be greatly appreciated ive been reading for 2 weeks straight and im stumped..
here is my problem
I have a messiah-x mod(pls dont laugh, im poor) , a xbox v1.0 . im using the latest version of evox.
I can boot from the evox-boot cd i created just fine, the dash loads and i can ftp into my xbox with ease. ive read all the tutorals on setting up evox so my next step was to back up the HD, again that went with no problems.
However if i replace the xboxdash.xbe with the *evox.xbe (and add the ini file of course) the box simply reboots over and over, thats with no cd in (to insure its booting off the hd) I see the first xbox splash screen then just a reset (i can pop in the evox cd, and it boots rite up)
my first thought of course was that either i had done something wrong so i re-read all the tutorals, I understand that some mods look for different *xbe names so ive tried all varriations, including leaving the OG xboxdash.xbe alone and adding the evoxdash.xbe (and ive remaned the OG to msxboxdash, copied the evox.xbe as xboxdash.xbe ect ect ect)

here is the second part of my problem as there is little nfo on my messiah and it came preflashed i dont know for certian what file its looking for (and i dont think this chip can be flashed) I have read that this chip should work fine with evox. Its really strange becouse the evox dash boots fine off of cd. and agian that leads me to believe that it should be looking for either xboxdash.xbe or evoxdash.xbe (both are on my boot cd) but when those same files are on the harddrive it doesnt work.

also I can replace the OG xboxdash on the HD with my OG backup and the xbox works fine however it boots to the MS dashboard of course.

as ive said im stumped , I cant soldier , im poor and have allready paid for this mod and to have it installed, it would be really nice to get it going.

TIA XBOX guru's!!!!!

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2003 - 12:04 AM

The XBOX boots default.xbe from the DVD first, THEN depending on what bios you have, looks for evoxdash, xboxdash, ect. Boot from your Evox disc, FTP the Evox .xbe and evox.ini files over. Rename your xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe, and name the Evox dash to xboxdash.xbe. Take the disc out and reboot, lemme know what happens.

#3 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 03:12 PM

Ok I followed those steps, and it still does the exact same thing... just reboots over and over from the HD... other ideas?

#4 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 03:54 PM

Also here is some additional Info....
While it is set up with evox.xbe replacing the og xboxdash and xboxdash remaned to msxboxdash , even though it just resets over and over I can insert a store bought xbox game and it boots rite up, however DVD movies and recorded games just resets (it does seem to attemp to read the disk for a few seconds first)

Im assuming that this means it IS loading the evox dash, but reseting before it completely loads (Im still a newb in the xbox scene, guess it could also be booting off the default.xbe on the store baught game?

If i remove the xboxdash completely and just add the evoxdash I get the "your xbox needs service screen" (no reset) again this leads me to believe my messiah's bios is looking for xboxdash.xbe.....

could it be a setting in Evox? ive tried using the exact same ini and xbe files from the bootcd that works 100% still no luck.... this is totoally strange im doing everything rite as far as evox (I hope lol )

Does anyone have any info on these messiah-x mods ,what bois ect.. (ive read every refernce to messiah in these forums, not just the evox forum) no one else seems to have thise problem.. In fact most folks say there messiah was installed and ran fine...

again ANY help/suggestions would great......

#5 AsTnBoMb

AsTnBoMb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 04:08 PM

Reflash your bios

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2003 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, give the chip a reflash and see what happens. It's only a 256k chip, so make sure your bios file is that size. Here's how I would flash it

FTP to your XBOX and make a folder in the root of C named Bios, place your bios file in there, C/Bios/bios.bin

Add this line in your Evox ini under the "Root"section

Item "Flash Messiah BIOS","c:biosbios.bin",ID_Flash_Bios_File

Make a new boot CD with the new ini. When you boot from it you should see Flash Messiah BIOS in the menu options, then see if it will let you flash it. REMEMBER to make SURE the bios file is 256k and rename it to bios.bin.

P.S. If you're using WinXP it's probably hiding extensions it knows, so don't end up remaning your file bios.bin.bin, after you extract the bios file you're gonna use, if you DON"T see the .bin extension, it's hiding them, just rename it to bios, it will put the extension on itself.

#7 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:33 PM

what bios should i use, any thats 256k?

#8 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 02:51 PM

I have the evox d6 bios thats 256k and the d6 ejectfix bios, and I have x2 4977 bios any suggestions? I thinking of using the eject fix bios since I have and dont like the fact that hitting eject resets the xbox.. is this the correct one? I just want to make sure before i do something i cant fix..

again THANKS!!! for all the help guys..

#9 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:46 PM

OK ive tried to flash the bios, and i just get flash not writeable (xbox scene says the messiah isnt flashable, but i think it can be with some wires changed anyone know if this is true?)

im really stumped now..

#10 picboy

picboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:57 PM

does the HD need to be unlocked for evox or the flash to work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users