3 replies to this topic

#1 ackbar9722

ackbar9722

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

Is there any program that can be used to create an xbox font from a graphic? I know there is a program to convert a regular font to an xbox font. However, I only want to use this font on the xbox, and it'd save me a lot of time if i could skip the step of turning it into a regular font first.

Thanks,

Ackbar

#2 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 December 2003 - 11:50 PM

Fontmaker creates a .tga file in the process. So what you do is this:
-Select any font in Fontmaker, and select a reasonable size compared to your graphic font
-Save the font files
-There should be a .tga file made. Open that in your fav. image editing prog and replace all the characters with your graphic font's characters. Make sure the positioning is EXACT
-Then "Build" from fontbundle

If I am right, that will create an xpr file for your graphic font.

#3 ackbar9722

ackbar9722

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 12:59 AM

wow, that's really ugly. Since no font is alike, the spacing would be different for the individual letters, making space larger around some letters and not on others. That's really horrible for a script based font. sad.gif

#4 geniusalz

geniusalz

Team MXM

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 December 2003 - 01:14 AM

Well, most fonts have similar widths for characters. Like 'i' is usually thin, and 'w' is usually fat. But unless you want to figure out the contents of the abc file format, this is the best you can do.

However, you might want to create a .fon file. That lets you paste in characters, and makes a pixel-by-pixel fixed size font. It's much less work than a ttf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users