Photo

Backing Up Using Dvd2xbox And Craxtion - Similar?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Badmiyamotofinger

Badmiyamotofinger

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:29 AM

I'm just curious about this and I haven't had the chance to fully try it.
Please correct me in any wrong places:

Playing games off the HDD:
Use dvd2xbox. Once it copies all the files of the game, it patches automatically and then I can play.

Playing from DVD-R:
FTP the game to PC HDD. Use Craxtion to patch, and then use it to make and ISO image. Then burn.

Now my question is, using Craxtion method, once I've patched it using Craxtion (but not making it into an ISO image) would it work on the Xbox HDD if I FTP it to the Xbox HDD?

ie, if I FTP a Craxtion patched game to the Xbox would it work exactly the same as a dvd2xbox patched game? And vice-versa?

Because I've read another tutorial that it doesn't even need patching.
Just FTP from Xbox to PC HDD. And then when I want to play I just FTP the files from the PC HDD to the Xbox HDD. (Of course setting it up in Evox etc).
I don't need to do any patching whatsoever!
Does this work? Or am I getting confused as old games don't need patching or something?? uhh.gif

#2 insertjokehere

insertjokehere

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 05:44 AM

DVD2Xbox auto batches all the xbes so there is no need to repatch. If you have the newer x2 bios' then there is no need to patch anyway

#3 n8Dog

n8Dog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 06:20 AM

I would use Craxtion all the way... example

Amped 2 - rip with DVD2Xbox; plays on HDD..... FTP to machine and burn - Dirty Disc Error
- rip game straight to PC no patching; run craxtion to iso; auto patch all xbe's burn works fine

Craxtion is a better program....

And I have an Executer 2.2Pro with latest Bios and it didnt bypass the media checks for me.... certain games that u would like to backup have a newer protection; which has been talked about more then enough on the forums...

my 2 cents

#4 Badmiyamotofinger

Badmiyamotofinger

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 December 2003 - 09:57 PM

OIC. Thanks
Guess I'll use Craxtion all the way.

Still gonna try dvd2xbox and ftp the files back and forth to see for myself. But thanks for the warning. :-)

#5 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 December 2003 - 11:42 AM

try dvd2xbox 0.5.2 tc1 and have a look in the dvd2xbox.acl file. There you'll find which media it patches. I'm not sure if its the right one cos dexbe told me an other value when ticking all medias. try the dexbe value and see if this works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users