7 replies to this topic

#1 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 November 2002 - 06:19 AM

okay here it is. i was a beta-tester. ran evoX off my xbox hd, all along playing my beta games. didn't update the dashboard to the xbox live one, just kept evoX on. i didn't play live for about 2 weeks, the week before it launched and the week after. all my friends are calling me up freaking out about bieng banned. luckily, i never updated my dash. i took evoX off my xbox and put the original msdash on it. i put a switch on my mod chip (enigmah) and turned it off. next i updated my dash with the retail xbox live disc. i am able to play xbox live. not banned or anything. now here is my question(s).

first off: if i for some stupid reason switch my mod chip on and run a live game will i too be banned?

second: i have a lot of backups. how can i play these? am i 'allowed' to switch on my modchip, boot to the ms dashboard and insert the game? or should i boot to evoX and then insert the game?

third: would it just be easier to go to y box? i was already seriously considering flashing to y box, and this mod chip detection has further supported my wanting to flash. and with y box, that is 2 seperate bios's, correct? with the mod chip on, it will boot to y box 'evoX' and with the chip switched off it will boot to the original msdash. is this correct?

i am not looking for any tutorials, just some suggestions on what to do. i don't want to get my xbox blackflagged by m$ cause there is no way i can afford another box now. just get back to me and let me know some ideas. thanks.

jb

#2 justinjas

justinjas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 06:27 AM

I was thinking about doing the same thing however I'm not positive that it is a full proof method. I guess the problem would be if ms put a check to see if there is a yboxdash or whatever file on your harddrive but I think for now it works.

#3 Spree

Spree

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 08:00 AM

jOn you can't boot to the dashboard. You have to launch from evox I believe. Opjose has a post on it.

#4 warbeast

warbeast

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 08:22 AM

no wait if u flash with eingmah your lose your ms bios dont do it frist thing get a matrix or new x-ecuter2 than flash with one of the new bios get a fboot if u have a 120g hdd or eboot bios if u have a 8ghdd also get the blue logo boot so u can tell if mod is on than take all of the evolutionx stuff of c drive (dash skins bios evo.ini )and put them in f drive or e drive what ever u use rename dash to evodash.xbe and your all done

also if u use fboot bios u can put all your shit games apps dash in f dive lock your 120g hdd than when u turn off mod it wont c the f drive = u have just hid all your shit from ms so now with mod off the hdd looks default

i hope this helps

#5 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 09:46 AM

okay so flashing with my enigmah WILL NOT work. what you are saying is that i do in fact need to get a different mod chip. this comes at a terrible time as i just got a friggin speeding ticket tonight. 95/60 -- 350 bucks. fuck.

now as of right now i will be sticking with the original 8gb hd. so what i need is to flash my chip with the eboot bios. (what is that?) and what is the blue logo boot? as of now, no evoX stuff is on my xbox c:.

now i do plan on still keeping games on my xbox hd. so i put them where i have them now right? still in the e: right?

and lastly, there IS nothing i can do right now correct? as far as my current setup goes. enigmah final mod chip with on/off switch and xbl. there is no way or no point of using yboxdash? i was looking at the tutorial on installing a dual bios on your box. that was WAY over my head. with the mod chips they use as examples...does this not include enigmah? as in will my enigmah just end up as a small coaster?

get back to me when you can. thanks.

jb

#6 scoobster

scoobster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (JBNinja99 @ Nov 22 2002, 05:19 AM)
am i 'allowed' to switch on my modchip, boot to the ms dashboard and insert the game? or should i boot to evoX and then insert the game?

muhaha.gif WARNING: DO NOT RUN UPDATED MSDASH WITH MOD ENABLED muhaha.gif

ph34r.gif

#7 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 09:57 AM

one more thing. i have the evoX 1.8.458 or something like that. forget the last few digits. here's my question. what are the advantages to the newer evoX versions?

again, i won't be able to do the dual bios flash with evoX right?

thanks

jb

#8 ice1138

ice1138

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 November 2002 - 03:22 PM

This is exactly the setup that i have been using for some time, had an enigmah, flashed the TSOP with a multibios (four bios on one the tsop: Evox 2.4 ybox, Evox2.4 evoxdash, noani, and RETAIL bios.) Installed two switches on the side of my rig, and can switch between these bioses.
Be warned that flashing the TSOP is not recommended by many on these boards because it is one of the riskier procedures.

-ice1138

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users