• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DrScouse

DrScouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 03:15 PM

I have since learnt that DVDRW are not the best media to backup games, some work, some dont, yet backup to DVD-R and all is ok...

My prblem is that I cannot seem to use these DVDRW (in the pc) after I have backed up a game to one. I have tried to erase one, and sometimes it goes through the process, although does not seem to erase the disk.

I know the file on them is not readable in windows, so is this fact causing an error. I get bad block errors in event viewer, and my pc can hang. This only happens with DVDRW with games on them, my other DVDRW are fine.

Its pretty much made them useless, as Nero is not able to format the disk, or write anything to it.

Anyone got any ideas???

#2 Knasen

Knasen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:17 PM

Did you run a "quick" erase or full erasing? The full one is the way to go, but also takes much longer time!

Also, xbox dvd's are indeed readable in windows if you burn them in UDF format in the first place.

As a sidenote, I can tell you that my xbox, although fitted with a samsung drive, doesn't read ANY dvdrw I've tried so far (tried several brands), so nowdays I only uses dvd-r and nothing else. You should do the same as dvdrw isn't that reliable anyway wink.gif

#3 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:53 PM

DVD-RW discs just seem to wear out sometimes. They are very sensitive to scratches too.

#4 DrScouse

DrScouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:31 AM

Anyone knoe of a good util to format these disks?

Nero will not recognise them, and I get bad block errors in event viewer. This only happens to DVDRW that have XBOX games on them, not my normal data disks.

Cheers

#5 roosters

roosters

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (DrScouse @ Dec 22 2003, 01:31 PM)
Anyone knoe of a good util to format these disks?

Nero will not recognise them, and I get bad block errors in event viewer. This only happens to DVDRW that have XBOX games on them, not my normal data disks.

Cheers

I have similar problems with Nero, trying to erase rw disks with video files and xbox games on the disk.I use the program that was supplied with my LG burner without any problems.I only use Nero for erasing disks with basic files on the disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users