rgtaa

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:15 AM

What is the simplest way to place a Regular Modded (TSOP,120gig,evol) xbox that I take into my car ... and use to play music and maybe play a game while car is going.

Pro and Con's of doing this:
for example Battery problems?
ignation noise?
ect?

I studed this a few months ago and it seemed very complicated ... but came here to see what you TECH guys have found is SIMPLE and EASY!

Thanks

#2 frozen lake

frozen lake

X-S Young Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:games, sex, movies, sex, music, sex

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:27 AM

would this include a built in screen in the car?

#3 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:30 AM

I should add I don't want to take the xbox apart if I don't have to.
I would like to just walk to my car with the xbox .... plug a few things in ...
Play music and maybe a game for 1 hour or so while in car.
Unhook xbox from car and take xbox in house.

What wires or equipment do I need to do this and maybe links to Radio shack parts,ect, so I get the right stuff?

Thanks

P.S. Yes I could include screen that is low power and is cheap. smile.gif or I have a 9 inch AC/DC Old TV laying around the house.

Edited by rgtaa, 22 December 2003 - 11:31 AM.

#4 frozen lake

frozen lake

X-S Young Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:games, sex, movies, sex, music, sex

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Dec 22 2003, 01:30 PM)
I should add I don't want to take the xbox apart if I don't have to.
I would like to just walk to my car with the xbox .... plug a few things in ...
Play music and maybe a game for 1 hour or so while in car.
Unhook xbox from car and take xbox in house.

erm with that you better off just getting one of those screens that fin ontop of xbox.

#5 Swinfard

Swinfard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 01:43 PM

You don't really need much..

the main thing you need is to get the sound output from the xbox coming out your speakers.. This can happen 1 of 2 ways..

either you have a snazzy aftermarket radio in your car that has audio inputs available to you.. (simple)

or... you buy and FM modulator.. this plugs into where your antenna plugs in.. and you tune into a station (ie 89.3 fm) and voila sound through the radio... You can pick these up at car audio shops or Future Shop etc.. around $50usd

Now that you've got sound, you need power.. since you wish to contiue using your exbox outside of the vehicle, you need to buy a power inverter.. this simply plugs into the cigarette lighter and gives you an outlet to plug the xbox into.. in this case more watts the better.. they are realitvely cheap and are available at any auto-supply store (pepboys, autozone, etc)

3rd you need a tv.. you can use a regular tube tv.. and plug it into the inverter aswell.. but that is tacky as hell.. so go buy a LCD or TFT monitor (you can also find these in high-def) and mount it in the car for a finished look, most of these are 12v compatable so power is no an issue..

Hope that sheds a bit of light for you..

I purchased an extra set of a/v cables so when I bring my xbox for the journey there's no fumbling over cables just plug and play.. I mounted a 6" tft monitor in the glove box, works great..

I use it for mp3 playback as well.. it's too bad the xbox itself is so flippin' huge.. I have a little a bracket that holds it in place in the trunk.. so a power button mod on the controller is not an option rather a must..

Edited by Swinfard, 22 December 2003 - 01:47 PM.

#6 flibble666

flibble666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Dec 22 2003, 01:15 PM)
What is the simplest way to place a Regular Modded (TSOP,120gig,evol) xbox that I take into my car ... and use to play music and maybe play a game while car is going.

Pro and Con's of doing this:
for example Battery problems?
ignation noise?
ect?

I studed this a few months ago and it seemed very complicated ... but came here to see what you TECH guys have found is SIMPLE and EASY!

Thanks

its easy get a 12V to 240V or 110V if ur in the us converter avable in all good boy racer outlets and put ur xbox under the front seat and get one of those cool screens that are cheep on ebay and you dun easy i think there around 100-150

#7 SpecialKizzle

SpecialKizzle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:49 PM

Heh,

If your car is tricked out like mine...

install RCA plugs and a AC adaptor (from radio shack 30-60 dollarS) and its pretty much "plug-n'-play"

or what i used to do...AC Adaptor (or hell u know what just get like a cigarette adaptor dry.gif ) and bring a tv and the xbox in smile.gif hehe enjoi. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#8 Rebel-Soul

Rebel-Soul

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:Soccer,Skiing,snowboarding,rock climbing,xbox,HALO.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:12 AM

if u have a big glove compartment...by some cables (AV-POWER) and have those set up permantly in ur car. have them run into the glove compartment (inconspicuosly of course) then when u get in car jus open glove compartment plug it in then put it in and close itbut leave some holes for the controllers...but what kinda car is it like a ford POS or it like a chevy corvette? huh.gif

#9 Muntzster

Muntzster

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Fire

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:28 AM

yea dude.. u should get another one and build it into ur dashboard

#10 Rebel-Soul

Rebel-Soul

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Interests:Soccer,Skiing,snowboarding,rock climbing,xbox,HALO.

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:35 AM

u cant be afraid of either doing permant (albeit supperficial) damage to the car and or xbox. thas what kills future would be modders. afraid to take risks. thas why we end up with solderless chips and pple like me who sell case mods to noobs muhaha.gif

#11 rhonk

rhonk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 06:59 PM

i have a honda civic hatchback, with a flip top dvd player mounted in my ceiling(flips down) it has A/V hookups on it, but i ran wires from the back of those connectors threw the top of my car to the back of my car where my 12's and my 1000watt amp sit. i took one of my broken xboxes i bought from ebay, fixed it. now i use it in my civic. i just used some really long rca wires, and spliced them into the xbox wires and put heatshrink around where i spliced. the xbox sits in the compartment under my bandpass box where your spare tire is supposed to go, and i have blankets galore surrounding it so it cannot move. i have the power comming from my battery(which is in the back of my car(had to make room for the new integra engine)) also, with some ghetto splicing. BUT everything works perfectly. i hope that helps you out some. if you have any other questions you can pm me and ask, i'll try to get around to helping you! wink.gif

#12 JCD

JCD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:04 PM

I wouldn't reccomend using an xbox on mobile solutions, the optical drive and harddrive are not made for movement. You can try it by using a old music cd, and turn the xbox a few degrees up and down (tilted) if the optical drive already makes funny noises then your optical system is not made for mobile use.

A PSX has the typical Disc-man mount, it clicks the disc ontop the 'crown'. Just my two cents wink.gif

#13 peach_nick

peach_nick

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:53 PM

this topic has already been discussed.

But im still upgrading my setup.

2000 Concorde

Monitor - 14" LCD less than 1" thick, Custom mount I made my self. Easy install between
visor mounts and windshield. Folds parallel to ceiling, can be rotated 360
degrees when down, all with the flick of a lever to tighten the position of your
choice. Also very stable. Thinkin about selling them.

Xbox - 200 gig HD, 30 games, 7 gigs of mp3's, 5 gigs of movies and pics
Evox, Xbox Media Player, Linux
Wireless G gaming adapter, 4 controllers hard installed into car

Head Unit - Kenwood Mp3 Player, Xbox is wired as an optional input source for sound biggrin.gif

Here are some old Pics, New ones will be up shortly

PeachHead's Concorde Pics

#14 Zeosstud

Zeosstud

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:55 PM

Here is what worked for me.

2 5.8" Starvision TM-585 TFT Monitors in the headrests.
http://www.starvision.us/TM-585.shtml

Bought Saav LBM-S5000 Rear View Mirror TFT Monitor
http://www.savv.com/...ts_LBMS5000.htm

2 Audiovox Wireless 2 Channel Headphones
http://www.audiovox....64009&langId=-1

4 in 4 out AV Switchbox

FM modulator

Samlex DC - AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter Model# PST-30S-12
http://www.samlexame.../samlexhome.htm

Modded Xbox w/12 Volt Fan Mod under the passengers seat.

The A/V switch has 4 wired remotes for choosing the input that you want, they are attached on right hand side of where the gear shift is in my Hyundai Santa Fe, easily in reach from the drivers seat, there is also a small switch that turns the RF modulator on and off. The headsets are setup so Channel A hears whatever is being sent to the headrest monitor behind the Drivers seat and Channel B the passengers seat, channel 88.7 sends sound out the speakers in the car. depending on what input is chosed on the 4th wired remote.

One set of A/V cables run to the Xbox under the passengers seat, a second set is run under the drivers seat, a third (extra long) set is tucked under the backseat, its long enough to reach 5 feet out the back of the vehicle.

If you leave a set of Xbox A/V cables and Xbox power cable always in your car, hooked up to the inverter and the FM modulator you would be able to easily move your xbox in and out of the car. I of course have gone WAY overboard. I tell everyone its for my kids but really its all setup to just show off. The only thing I dont like about the monitors that hook to the xbox is you have to have the xbox there on your freaking lab to play them, thats no good in a car. The audiovox stuff they have at Circuit City, DVD in a Bag they call it, I used to use the "Extra" monitor you can buy for that setup, strapped onto the back of the passenger seat, worked just fine, looked like crap.

This whole thing keeps the kids very entertained on road trips, the final piece of the puzzle will be an in-dash AM/FM DVD player, as soon as I find one that has no trouble playing DVD's from my DVD writer, I will be done. For now when/if we want a second input source, I just grab my home Xbox and stick it in the trunk area, then the kids can watch their movie or play their game and the wife and I can listen to our MP3 collection at the same time. I am also considering a DVD player permanently under the drivers seat and forgoing the indash setup, but somehow it kinda cheap ins the whole thing.

P.S.
I installed NONE of this stuff myself, I had it done at a local car audio shop, in hind site I would have let them cut the monitors into the headrests and install the rearview monitor and done the rest myself, would have saved about $300 or more but I am lazy and just didnt have the time or confidence, I now know, it would have been pretty easy to do.

Rodney

Edited by Zeosstud, 23 December 2003 - 08:04 PM.

#15 Zodiiak

Zodiiak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:04 PM

To the dude who already did this project...

You have an 15inch lcd screen tv, and xbox system...that's ill...but what the hell...in a concorde? LOL are you serious, spend some money on somethin decent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users