• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ???

???

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:58 AM

I just need a computer that has the internet so I'm going to put on Windows 95 since its the cheapest. Can I stil upgrade to something later (such as ME or XP) without much of a problem? Also how much harder will it be to install it compared to sometihng like XP??? I found 95 at this website, is this what I need to start from brand new (I just formated my hd).http://www.thesoftwareguy.com/show1fproduct.cfm?formkey=031222184507&ProductCode=Win-95&ProdID=109&Dispgroup=1&CatID=27

#2 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:10 AM

yeah you can upgrade as long as your hardware will support it. like xp needs at least 128 mb of ram. what are specs of this computer

#3 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:14 AM

i just read it and it says it does not include the certificate of authenticity. you might not be able to install it with out the key

#4 ???

???

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 01:49 AM

I got plenty of mem and other reasoures so that will not be a problem.

Its an OEM so it does have a key, I found this out here

http://www.thesoftwa....com/faq.cfm#13

My main concern is that it comes with everything I need such as the boot disks to install it from a formated hd. I found a tut on how to install 95 which seems easy that I found here http://www.netpathwa.../reinstall.html

#5 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:45 AM

well older computers didn't have cd-rom support. yours should though. go into your bios setup. it should tell you how to get there at startup. usually it will say sytem setup or of the such. then have it so the first boot device is your floppy. then next make it your cd-rom drive. then your hard disk. save the settings and reboot. and the startup of the installation should work. if it dsen't tell you how to acces the bios settings tell me what kind of computer you have so ican figure it out.

#6 ???

???

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 03:02 AM

I know that stuff, All I Need to know is if this has the boot disks.

#7 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 03:22 AM

you have to create a boot disc in the operating sytem. it is one of the tabs you use when unistalling programs. to load the operating system wiith a formatted drive you have to do it like i said in my previous post.

#8 ???

???

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 03:30 AM

What if I dont have Windows 95? How do I make a bootdisk for it?

#9 J_Man61

J_Man61

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:38 PM

hen you have to install it first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users