• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 frobase

frobase

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 04:31 AM

Can someone answer a couple questions. I have a matrix/xodus chip in the mail and have been using XBL with no problems. I've been following the news lately and still don't have a complete answer to the problem. If I install my mod and use mode3 and do not drop to the dash, then XBL should work ok? is that correct? If not could someone please explain how exactly it works. My account has not been banned obviously and I will be using retail games to play on XBL

#2 frobase

frobase

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 07:06 AM

ok since no one is responded to my post. I have talked with another person and he says that if I use a bios that doesn't boot to xboxdash, but instead boots to evoxdash or yboxdash, and I use mode3 then I can still play xbl games as long as I use original games. So basically as long as I don't go to xboxdash with chip on i'm ok. At least thats what he says, don't know if its true, just posting some info I got, and yes I know its probably somewhere on another thread, but most of these threads have too much misleading information. Anyways if someone knows if this works or not please respond. thanks!

#3 robby2souls

robby2souls

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 07:35 AM

yeah that worked for me for about three days after i installed the chip. and then all of a sudden i couldn't connect anymore. i didnt use the ms dashboard(dvds,audio, etc) at all when my chip was on. so im not really sure what the problem was, but it didnt work for long.

#4 M@verick

M@verick

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:24 AM

did you have your matrix chip in mode 3 when you booted to the ms dash? this is disconcerting...I have a matrix chip in the mail too right now.

#5 DaGamePimp

DaGamePimp

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 November 2002 - 09:54 AM

Just use mode 3 and exit out to the original bios before connecting to LIVE [ never connect with the mod enabled/mod bios active ] . Best thing to do is just wipe out the EvoX dash option to go to the MS dashboard with your mod enabled , this way the only way you can get to LIVE is by ejecting and going to the original bios and dash [ you must be using a bios that does not use xboxdash - use evoxdash or yboxdash ] . And buy the retail original LIVE games , don't try to play a back-up by doing some boot trick [ you are just asking for trouble ] .
--- DGP ---

#6 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2002 - 10:46 AM

To be completely honest, I won't install the Matrix in your Xbox. Why do you want to anyways? You say that you will use retail games for Live, so go buy another Xbox and use the Matrix on that one.

The Mode 3 seems workable (I haven't seen it, but I believe it) but I think MS will figure out to beat that too

#7 luvmnky

luvmnky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 01:11 PM

I tried to get on Live a couple of days ago using this exact method, and have been unable to thusfar. I probably screwed myself early on tho. When I boot up a game, then hit eject to disable the mod, it kicks me back to the evox dash as opposed to the M$ Dash. Not too sure what I'm doing wrong there (I got the ybox BIOS installed and the M$ Dash named xboshdash.xbe). Anyway, when I put the game in, it launches from the evox dash with the mod disabled and I haven't been able to connect, I assume because I have been launching from Evox. Anyone have a clue as to why when I disable the mod it STILL takes me back to the Evox dash? Something I need to set up in evox.ini or what?

#8 Beef Hugger

Beef Hugger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 01:41 PM

This seems to get more and more confusing... I have a matrix mod installed in my Xbox and have had LIVE sitting on the kitchen counter for 3 days now. I am afraid to put it into my Xbox. I do not want to get banned.

My Matrix is in mode 3, my hard drive has not been hacked. Now as long as I disactivate the mod (with the eject trick) I shouldn't have any problems, correct?

#9 zombie4rave

zombie4rave

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 November 2002 - 02:39 PM

I don't have any experience with the matrix chip but I do have a chip which lets me boot up stock with the eject button the same way the matrix does. I have been using live since the beta without any problems. How much longer this will continue to work I don't know. Just remember to ALWAYS disable your mod before playing any live games, remove the link to the ms dash from evox, and just to be safe, I wouldn't play any live games with the mod on - even if your doing single player only. If you have or plan to replace the hard drive it may be a good idea to get an f: boot bios and put your evox dash files on it so all the stock partitions appear normal.

#10 TITODAWG

TITODAWG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Beef Hugger @ Nov 23 2002, 12:41 PM)
This seems to get more and more confusing... I have a matrix mod installed in my Xbox and have had LIVE sitting on the kitchen counter for 3 days now. I am afraid to put it into my Xbox. I do not want to get banned.

My Matrix is in mode 3, my hard drive has not been hacked. Now as long as I disactivate the mod (with the eject trick) I shouldn't have any problems, correct?

No you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure its disabled completely(MODE 1) when you setup you account. Then you can switch to Mode 3. I don't know if that first step is necessary but just to be safe because it DOES work. Also, don't screw up and go on with the thing enabled or you MAY be scewed. The verdict is still out as to exactly why this all works. But It does for now. Also virgin hds have had better luck than those running different dashs etc.

I'd still like to get a good answer from OPjose as to why this works. When I mode 3 on a virgin HD you drop to the mslivedash on every swap. No Flag. Seem this has a lot more to do with altered HDs and connecting with mode on than anything. blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users