11 replies to this topic

#1 jamesnighty

jamesnighty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:52 AM

Hey guys.

XLink works perfectly and I can locate and join games. There seems to be a problem sometimes when joining the game saying that the session is not available. I tried to narrow down the problem by installing an older version of XLink, but that didn't solve anything.

The other day I was trying to play PGR2 with two of my friends. I could connect and play with friend A no problems. I got 'session not available' when friend B was hosting. I then tried the reverse with myself hosting. Friend A could connect, Friend B got 'session not available'.

Now here's the strange part. Since Friend A could connect to both of us, he hosted a game. I connected and was in the lobby. Then, friend B connected, stayed in the lobby for 5 seconds, then got disconnected. The same happened to me when friend B was in the lobby.

Narrowing this down even further, we made sure all of our NICs had different IPs, and all of our xboxes had different IPs. This still didn't solve the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this or has encountered this before?

Ta for reading all this,
James

#2 froibaard

froibaard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:03 AM

if one of you have a new MAC ie 00:0D then you'll all need to use xs.exe in the pinned topics as i understand it

#3 jamesnighty

jamesnighty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:12 AM

Yeah I read that mate, I'm using XS.exe at the moment

#4 froibaard

froibaard

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (jamesnighty @ Dec 23 2003, 01:12 PM)
Yeah I read that mate, I'm using XS.exe at the moment

yes but ALL of you should use it. i could not join a friends game until he was using xs.exe even though he had an old MAC. see if that works

#5 jamesnighty

jamesnighty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:17 PM

Got him to use xs.exe like me and it all works now. Thanks dude.

#6 jamesnighty

jamesnighty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 12:47 PM

Slight continuation of this ...

My friend can connect to any game he likes using either xs.exe or normal xlink.exe.

I can only use xs.exe, since I have the new mac address. The thing is that I can connect to him when he uses the old xlink.exe, and we can play fine. Anyone else I try to connect to I can't, and just get session not available. I can't really see any plausable reason for this?

#7 jamesnighty

jamesnighty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 04:18 PM

Tried everything now and still can't get anything working.

Is there anyone here with the new 000D macs having the same problem?

#8 volpone

volpone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:47 PM

Salut all

Desolé je ne parle pas l'anglais en fait moi aussi je n'arrive pas à jouer avec un ami

moi j'ai une mac address 000D et lui il a une mac adress en 0050 resultat on vois bien la session mais dés qu'on selectionne la partie la session saute

y a t'il un moyen de modifier la mac address sur la xbox dans le bios ou autre merci de votre aides @+

#9 taz1975uk

taz1975uk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (volpone @ Dec 24 2003, 12:47 AM)
Salut all

Desolé je ne parle pas l'anglais en fait moi aussi je n'arrive pas à jouer avec un ami

moi j'ai une mac address 000D et lui il a une mac adress en 0050 resultat on vois bien la session mais dés qu'on selectionne la partie la session saute

y a t'il un moyen de modifier la mac address sur la xbox dans le bios ou autre merci de votre aides @+

Translation by Freetranslation.com

Good day all

Desolé I do not speak the English some does me also I do not arrive to play with a friend

me I have a mac address 000D and him it has a mac address in 0050 resultat one sees well session but dice that one selectionne it left session jumps

there has you it a means to modify the mac address on the xbox in the bios or other thank-you of your assistances @+

#10 jz28

jz28

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (volpone @ Dec 23 2003, 07:47 PM)
Salut all

xs.exe smile.gif

pinned topic...

#11 volpone

volpone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:11 PM

merci jz28 je l'ai testé et cela ne règle pas le probleme en fait il y a un mieux cela dit je vois la session elle se lance mais aussitot il nous deconnect "la session n'existe plus".

j'ai quand meme voulu tester les deux console en direct afin de voir si ça faisait la meme chose et en faite non le jeux se lance et on joue correctement sans probleme je comprend pas ????

je ne pense pas que cela viens de la mac adress si elle etait incompatible on aurait pas pu jouer en direct donc à mon avis cela viens de xlink qui ne n'accepte pas une session comportant une mac address en 0050 et une 000D ensemble .

je précise quand meme le jeux c'est topspin et j'arrive à lancer une session que si mac mac address est "identique" bon c'est quand même chiant car mon but c'est jouer avec mon ami. merci pour votre aide et au passage je souhaite un joyeux noël à tous.

Translation :

thank you jz28 I it have test and that regulate not the problem of make some it there have one good that say I see the session it himself launch but at once it we deconnect "the session exist more".

I when same wanted to test both console in order to see on line whether that made the same thing and in made not the plays launches out and one plays correctly without problem I does not include/understand???? 

I do not think that that come from mac adress if it were incompatible one could not thus have played on line in my opinion that come from xlink which does not accept a session comprising a MAC address into 0050 and a 000D together. 

I specify when same the plays it is topspin and I arrive at launching a session which if mac MAC address is "identical good" it is nevertheless shitting because my goal is to play with my friend.  thank you for your assistance and in the passing I wish a merry Christmas with all  wink.gif

@++

Edited by volpone, 24 December 2003 - 10:12 PM.

#12 volpone

volpone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

UP
personne pour resoudre mon pb ? sad.gif

nobody to solve my problem ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users