• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Malafax

Malafax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:15 AM

I just heard on NPR that M$ once again returned a 3 Billion dollar profit for the 3rd quarter. 2nd quarter they returned a 6 Billion dollar profit margin.

The main contributor to these profits are OS sales in which they make an 85% profit on each lisence. Thats freakin insane 85% is nuts, most manufacturers are lucky to make 20% profit.

I do not feel bad at all in what we are pursuing on these forums. Knowledge is power and I believe we need a bit more power over this XBL situation.

Oh yeah, and they have been pulling these profit margins for the last decade.

#2 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:21 AM

yeah...don feel bad....: )
at the end of the day, i wonder if in the future, any rogue employee in M$ care to risk jail or prosecution by releasing ALL the company's source code? LOL .....

saw that movie AntiTrust lately...(yeah it's not THAT good)...but hey ...its "human knowledge belongs to the World" theme is kinda nice don't u all think?

#3 Malafax

Malafax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:30 AM

Yeah I find it hard to swallow that M$ made it past all the anti-trust hearings and legal forums. M$ is now viewed without any doubt as the richest company in the world. This is the very defination of a Monopoly.

If there were other competing companies then the prices would not be so high for M$ products. There are always Pros and Cons for any situation and this is not any different.
The global standard that M$ has provided allows companies and businesses to grow faster than ever before thought possible. As long as the Monoarchy is benevolent then we should be ok.

Also the latest quarter earnings of 3 Billion is more than some Countries entire GNP for the year.

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:35 AM

50 BILLION in the bank is not chump change.

#5 Malafax

Malafax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:37 AM

Yeah I am just a little suprised with the numbers. I had always known they were huge but I had no idea they had so much spare cash laying around.

The losses with the Xbox console are just a drop in the bucket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users