• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 helpmeplz

helpmeplz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 06:21 PM

Quick thing on ICS, I have 2 lan cards and I use both xlink and Xbox Live I Was wondering if I enable ICS that way they both can use the internet, will that slow down my speed to half does ICS split the speed 50/50 between the cards or does it do load balancing that it can see that the other card does not need internet at the current time and give 100% to the other card? just a quick questions contimplating on buying a router vs using ICS with 2 lan cards thanks

#2 flat235

flat235

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Heh.. XLink
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 December 2003 - 06:58 PM

ICS should be fine - it doesnt split 50/50..

TD

#3 jz28

jz28

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 December 2003 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (helpmeplz @ Dec 23 2003, 03:21 PM)
Quick thing on ICS, I have 2 lan cards and I use both xlink and Xbox Live I Was wondering if I enable ICS that way they both can use the internet, will that slow down my speed to half does ICS split the speed 50/50 between the cards or does it do load balancing that it can see that the other card does not need internet at the current time and give 100% to the other card? just a quick questions contimplating on buying a router vs using ICS with 2 lan cards thanks

i would however, say to get a router if you can afford it...your pc has to give valuable cpu time for the firewall function, and to route traffic...and every little bit counts smile.gif

#4 helpmeplz

helpmeplz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 08:06 PM

I will defintly get a router probbla gonna get a gigabit router lol since I go to lan parties, just with the holidays my bills are getting high so this was just a temp fix just got done wireing cat 5e from my room down to my basement tv =) that took like an hour and half since once I routed it and stripped the wire and made the patch cable on eash side I had to tuck it under the wall so that you cant see the cable as it runs along the floor

#5 dfunked

dfunked

XLink Crew Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:54 PM

I used to have cables lying under the carpet etc. Then me and my brother put some RJ45 wall mounts in every room of the house and ran it inbetween the walls. Much nicer now, and no ugly bumps in the carpet ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users