• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PentUpAnger

PentUpAnger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 09:26 PM

OK.. here is the deal... I modded my friend's Xbox with a X2.2 Pro, and before it was modded the Xbox played original games with no problem at all. Since I modded it it would freeze on some DVD-Rs within two hours of playtime, but played originals fine. I automatically thought it might be the DVD-R media, so I tried Verbatim discs (I havent heard if those worked).

But... now she is telling me that EVERYTHING (DVD-Rs and originals) are freezing after a few minutes. She told me that it will still boot up to the Evo-X Dashboard, and that it would still BOOT originals and DVD-Rs, but it would freeze not too long afterwards.

The XBox DVD drive is a Thompson... and the XBox is v1.0, I think.

She actually bought a new Xbox today, and I am hoping against hope that the drive in the new one isnt a Philips drive... because if it isnt I am going to just swap drives in her XBoxs.

On a side note: I did rename her original xboxdash.xbe file to xboxdash.xbeX (did this BEFORE I knew that evodash.xbe booted first anyway), with that renamed... it wouldn't cause the freezing would it?

Also... I modded my XBox BEFORE I attempted to mod hers, and mine still plays fine, but my drive is a Samsung and the box is newer than hers.

I would like to know what you people think might be the problem...

#2 colt

colt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:03 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...2&t=111948&st=0

#3 animex2

animex2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2003 - 12:16 AM

um... thompson is worse than phillips....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users