Photo

Dvd Media Compatibilty With Thompson Drive?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dwyzane

Dwyzane

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 December 2003 - 02:43 AM

Basically this is my setup:

XBox Ver: 1.0 with Thompson DVD Drive
I have a DVD-R/RW Burner on the way, probably should have went for a combo, but my financial problem steps in there.
Using Nero for my Burning.

Yes, yes I read the pinned topic up above, but it nobody really states which DVD Drive there XBox holds within.

So here's my question: Does anyone have a similar setup that they are using to burn backups and media to play on their XBox?

I've had no problem burning Memerox CD-RWs, under 4x burn, and making sure it's a first time burn, and have them play in my XBox. But what I was wanting to know, before I go out and spend an ass load on DVD Media, if anyone has tried Memerox DVD-Rs or DVD-RW with a Thompson Drive, and have they worked? Or is there another brand of media that you have found to work with the setup I'm using? Just curious...... beerchug.gif

#2 Terrorbyte

Terrorbyte

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 24 December 2003 - 04:57 AM

Thomsons generally work better with DVD-R media than they do with CD-RW, most brands (from what I've heard) work quite well. Just avoid cheap media, Memorex should be fine.

#3 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:01 AM

you should use craxiton to burn your games. from what i've heard, using nero or anyother programs that don't make xiso's will cause the game to load/run a bit slower sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users