• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MrAlcohol

MrAlcohol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:32 AM

i upgraded my old chip to a x2.3 lite, but i cant get the x2.3 lite to work. it is most likely the lpc points, the xbox tries to boot 3 times and then flashes green and red, ive must have redone the lpc points 20 times tho. i have actually got it to work and flashed it successfully but after i put it back together it stopped working. i did a good job soldering, no bridged points, very clean, and the mobo is still in good condition no burns. ive had no problem with the 2.2 lite chips installing them in other people's xbox. did anyone else have difficulty getting this chip to work? does anyone have advice or tips? or could my problem not be the lpc points and something else? really need help, thanks.

Edited by MrAlcohol, 24 December 2003 - 05:45 AM.

#2 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:46 AM

try using two different ground points

#3 MrAlcohol

MrAlcohol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:50 AM

how would i do two different ground points? if you have a pic or can explain that would be wicked. thanks.

#4 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 06:01 AM

It's hard to describe and it also involses using every mm of wire they give... tongue.gif

Basically, ground one to the normal spot and ground the other to the hole behind the EIDE connector beside the yellow DVD power cable. Both are in the bottom right of this picture:

http://users.belgaco...135/highres.jpg

EDIT: tok out the huge IMG and linked it instead

Edited by lookformeb, 24 December 2003 - 02:27 PM.

#5 DVsKiN

DVsKiN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 07:10 AM

hmmm.. I had it grounded in two places, and it's still doing what he is having a problem with!! I had it turn on fine, after install, the orange lite came on, the tray opened. I put the bioz flash cd in my Phillinps DvD rom, and now, it's fragging it's life away?? Does it matter what grounds you use?? Do you have to use the two that you showed, the Team Xcuter, showed using the one near the LPC, and one to the top tight of the mobo, near the first and second player USB ports?? Any ideas?

DvS

#6 Seifer

Seifer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:05 AM

Hey i had this same problem when I was doing my modding today, i fixed it by putting a spacer or washer between the ground adapter and screw. This helps ground it really good I guess.

#7 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:35 PM

Doesnt matter which ground and do as he said above... try different conbinations with the ground spacer.

#8 follettosgorbio

follettosgorbio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:49 PM

I have a similar problem..
After haveing flashed...the xbox didn't start. 3 shutdown..and at last the green and red flashing on the eject button.
The flash was succesfull..no error and it shutted down regularly.
Do you think could be a problem of ground?
Why does it can occours only changing the bioses?

#9 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (follettosgorbio @ Dec 24 2003, 09:49 AM)
I have a similar problem..
After haveing flashed...the xbox didn't start. 3 shutdown..and at last the green and red flashing on the eject button.
The flash was succesfull..no error and it shutted down regularly.
Do you think could be a problem of ground?
Why does it can occours only changing the bioses?

did you flash with the 1st bank then is probably a back flash. if you flashed with the 2nd bank, then it may be that...?

#10 MrAlcohol

MrAlcohol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 02:58 PM

these new chips are horrible, i flashed bank 1, team xecuter recommends the header pin, should i try that?

#11 DVsKiN

DVsKiN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 03:34 PM

I started it up

Enabled, Bank 1, unprotected

Like they all said, it flashed fine, and shut down great, and now it wont load!! But I know it flashed, cuz I dropped the chip in my friends Xbox, and it's fine.. I resoldered all the connects, and no good!! I'm using the pogo pins on it, and just dropping the chip in that. Think I should try just soldering the individual wires onto the board???

DvS

#12 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:49 PM

Try headerpin installs if you like... hmmm...

Hard to trouble shoot these issues without actually having your hands in the Xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users