4 replies to this topic

#1 vihena

vihena

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:50 AM

I recently bought 2 chameleon chips, and I have 2 xboxes. Xbox A is a version 1.0, while Xbox B is a version 1.1 (It uses a heat sink, and has a white power connector. The location of the D0 is the same as my 1.0 xbox.)

The chip was successfully installed and flashed with Xbox A. It's Xbox B that has problems.

I was able to get the Cromwell Bios, and successfully flashed it (it seems, as it shut off). But when I boot up, my Xbox was fragging (red/green flashing).

Here's the kicker. I pull the chip out of Xbox B, and plunk it into Xbox A. It works fine. Bios boots up, I get my red X, everything.

So I decide to plunk in my original working Chameleon chip (the one that was originally in Xbox A) into my Xbox B. Boots up, but it booted up green X. I tried putting in the Evolution X dashboard cdrw, but the box couldn't read it.

What the heck?!

I switched the chips back in, and Xbox B fragged again.

I put the chip in bank 1, and Cromwell popped up again. Tried flashing again. It seemed successful. When I powered up, Cromwell popped up again as if it didn't flash! Switching back to Bank 0, and it went back to fragging.

Any ideas?

I'm using the same bios and dashboard discs for both of them, btw. (worked on Xbox A) I have EvoX2.5 colormod bios, and EvolutionX 1.8.3285 dashboard.

#2 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:53 AM

check the solder jober on xbox b:)

id say pne of the lpc point sis not right

if you ARE getting the green ms X then your d0 is a bad solder smile.gif

#3 vihena

vihena

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (blueinfinity @ Dec 24 2003, 07:53 AM)
check the solder jober on xbox b:)

id say pne of the lpc point sis not right

if you ARE getting the green ms X then your d0 is a bad solder smile.gif

I'm using the no-solder add on. The LED lights up blue when I turned it on, and the Cromwell bios booted up in bank 0. Once I flashed it, it fragged.
It booted the Cromwell bios in bank 1. I flashed again. But it didn't seem to work (Cromwell still booted up in bank 1). I put it back on bank 0, and it fragged.

#4 vihena

vihena

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 03:56 PM

Do I like, need to try a different bios or something? Or is there something wrong with the Xbox?

The Cromwell bios did boot up, but once I put in my evox bios, it just fragged... but I'm sure the chip was successfully flashed, as when I put it in Xbox A, it worked fine...

#5 vihena

vihena

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 05:58 PM

Can anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users