• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:32 PM

Eighth Day of Xmas (Skryer Announced)

>> From TeamXodus.com:

From the Hardware Department Team Xodus brings to you the eighth day of Christmas

Since actions speak louder than words. Here it is plain and simple, a sneak peak of the all mighty SKRYER up and running and available for pre-order within the coming week.

user posted image

These Videos Skryer Demo, Graphics Scroll, are something we threw together at the last minute to show off just a small part of what the SKRYER offers.

More to come.
See you in 2005.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all

Team Xodus

(December 31st, 2004)

Edited by appleguru, 10 May 2005 - 10:35 PM.

#77 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:34 PM

Ninth Day of Xmas (More Skryer Info)

>> From TeamXodus.com:

ON THE NINTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

TEAM XODUS GAVE TO ME

NINE LCD’S DANCING

Eight Skryers Skrying

Seven points a-posting

Six great a-wards

Fiiiiive brand new skiiiiins...

Four more features...

Three French pens...

Two cool features...

And a lot of bug fixes in the source tree.

Well it seems we have stirred things up again in various quarters around the scene. Nothing like a bit of hard factual information to get things moving is there? Firstly, a small explanation as to the reasons for our recent silence:

No we were not drunk, bumping into this celeb or that, we were working hard to get promised features out with tangible evidence for you. There are a number of reasons why we have delayed our posts. Other than the one given above, we also realized that the exposure and impact levels over the festive season and New Year were significantly lower than at other times since many of you were celebrating and visiting with family. We therefore decided to hold a little to let everyone get back into the swing of things again. Another major reason for silence was the impact the devastating Tsunamis had on us as a team and the world in general. We felt that light banter and stuff were not exactly what was appropriate at the time. In fact we, as a team, have decided to contribute to the devastated region. Xbox-Scene has a great list of good organizations to donate to, and we encourage all our users, and fans to donate to one of them. Any help you can provide will go along way to helping to stablize and normalize the region once again. Click here to contribute

Now on to our news for today…
2005 has just started, and its already clear that the competition is scurrying around trying to second guess what we are up to. They are obviously rattled by our successes, and by what we’ve managed to achieve yet again.
Our recent Skryer announcement has caused the expected questions, criticism and of course competitive bashing that we expected. Comments in their own forums lead us to believe that they really dont know what we are up to, and would rather guess publicly, and wrongly what our plans are.

We won’t be guessing what they are doing. We dont need to. We have a plan, the people to work that plan, and a great premium product on which to base it.

2004 taught us many lessons, and one of them is our New Years resolution, to not blindly bash and criticize without facts, rather, we have chosen to focus more on delivering tangible results through quality products for our consumers.

More importantly, we learned that we have a premium product that has proven itself time and again, and as such we need to market and deliver premium quality support, PR, service and results. It is as simple as that.

The main question we have been asked over the past few days is:
“What is Skryer?”
It is an add on module that offers support for multiple types of LCD displays…and… Much much more………read on

1. First Graphic LCD for the Xbox:
Skryer, together with our custom screen (as per video preview) offers full graphic support. ie you are now no longer limited to simple 4x20 character displays.

2. Digital Contrast Control:
NO MANUAL POT. No need to open up your box every three weeks to manually change the contrast setting. The FIRST digitally controlled contrast control (and with non volatile memory) Just press a button on your joypad and you are done.

3. Brightness control:
Another first for us. Change the brightness of you LCD. Again, all done through software.(also non volatile)

4. MULTI VIEW (Multi-plexing):
Allows you to daisy chain more than one Skryer at a time. Multi view allows individual control of each graphic or character LCD display. Now you can scroll text (or graphics : -) ) across all multiple screens as well as the ability to display in simultaneous mode on multiple screens of similar type. How cool is that?

5. Custom SPI multi-plexing protocol.
Of course all the above features will be possible by using our newly developed and soon to be published SPI multi-plexing protocol.

6. Fully solderless install: (with graphic and EA DIP units)

7. Dip fit:
Now offers you the option of connecting solderlessly the EA DIP range of units. (Another first I would say.)

8. Customizable full parallel LCD port :
This port is designed to fit the majority of LCD units on the market today, ofcource still making use of our digital contrast and brightness engines. This port is customizable, 3,3 volt or 5v selectable as well as backlight LED current limiting resistor.

9. CPLD based:
So the attacks about speed etc are completely and utterly unfounded and inaccurate. (as usual).

That should clarify things a little for many of you. We are sure you will agree that our dedication to premium products and our desire to innovate and lead has now put us clearly ahead of competition. That is what premium products are all about is it not?

Look into the future. Welcome to Skryer.

(January 7th, 2005)

#78 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

Tenth Day of Xmas (XOS 2.3.0)

>> From TeamXodus.com:

ON THE TENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

TEAM XODUS GAVE TO ME

TEN LEDS A-LIGHTING

Nine LCDS Dancing

Eight Skryers Skrying

Seven points a-posting

Six great a-wards

Four more features...

Three French pens...

Two cool features...

COMPETITION UPDATE

With two more days to go in our 12 days of Christmas campaign, the entries to our competitions are flying in, fast and furious. We have received many great entries so far. This is your last chance to get any last minute additions in before we close the competitions. Remember, we have some great prizes to give away! Day 12 will be here before you know it, so hurry and get those entries in!

TEN LED COLOR SEQUENCES:

Today we thought we would give you a bit of fun to try out. We have added a great new feature, which has been requested time and again on forums, which allows for advanced control of the Xenium's full-color LED, as well as the front-panel LEDs. We have made ten different example sequences for you to play with, and to use as a starting point for some ideas of your own. We've put together a short video which demonstrates using Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) techniques to perform a few simple tricks. (Note that PWM is only applicable to the on-chip LED, as the front-panel LED can not be updated quickly enough to perform these effects.) Who said Christmas was over? Go ahead and try it out!

The .led files should be placed directly in the E:\XeniumOS\Leds\ directory on your xbox. They will then appear under the "Choose LEDs..." menu under Xenium Setting in XeniumOS. The format of these files is straightforward; each line in the file represents one set of the leds. The first number is the duration for this set, the second number represents the color to set on the chip LED (0-7), and the third number is a standard hexadecimal representation of the front-panel LED.

The buildup to our grand finale has begun. Watch this space.

Download the new XeniumOS 2.3.0 with the ten led sequences from our Stable Release section

Download the video of our Led Demo here

(January 13th, 2005)

#79 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:40 PM

Eleventh Day of Xmas (More Skryer news, video)

>> From TeamXodus.com:

ON THE ELEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

TEAM XODUS GAVE TO ME

ELEVEN PIPERS PIPING

Ten LEDS lighting

Nine LCDS Dancing

Eight Skryers Skrying

Seven points a-posting

Six great a-wards

Four more features...

Three French pens...

Two cool features...

ELEVEN PIPERS PIPING

The fanfare has begun. Today’s news release is a further illustration of how unique and advanced the Xenium really is. We have absolutely been swamped by enquiries, compliments and of course utter amazement at how far fourth generation can actually go. The hype caused by the news release of our Skryer has prompted us to give more features, facts and general information in both graphic form and also through a video created specifically to show a live example of how far we have taken this concept. We have decided to let the pictures speak for themselves as we think they are pretty amazing. What we will say, however, is that it is now becoming blatantly clear that owning a Xenium is a privilege that those who are not part of the elite group will never understand or experience. Once again, the challenge has been set for the others to follow the pied piper.

Enjoy!

Well for day 12 the drummers will be drumming for another huge announcement

So see you then.

user posted image
user posted image

This video demonstration shows 2 Skryers connected up to our Graphics LCD units and working in both Simultaneous Mode (the brightness and contrast of both units is actually adjusted through the joypad ) and Concurrent mode , where the animation is being sent to each unit individually. Both units are connected in series to one Xenium. It is absolutely amazing to see, and there is still more to come ; -)

(January 15th, 2005)

Edited by appleguru, 10 May 2005 - 10:44 PM.

#80 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:43 PM

Twelfth Day of Xmas (S.P. 1.6 solderless adapter announced)

>> From TeamXodus.com:

ON THE TWELFTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

TEAM XODUS GAVE TO ME

TWELVE DRUMMERS DRUMMING
Eleven pipers piping

Ten LEDS lighting

Nine LCDS Dancing

Eight Skryers Skrying

Seven points a-posting

Six great a-wards

Four more features...

Three French pens...

Two cool features...

1.6 INSTALL IN UNDER 30 SECONDS:

The twelfth day of Christmas has arrived! The drummers are drumming and we are dancing. We are proud to announce our newest innovation, a fully universal solderless adaptor for ALL versions of the Xbox know to date. We know that most of you will not really bother to read the text until you have admired and studied the video and the pictures, so go ahead, enjoy!

user posted image

1.6 Solderless install in under 30 seconds (by a woman : -), of course) View Video

user posted image

As is customary for us, we will not release all the features and information about this unique adaptor just yet but stay tuned for more info to come. With competitors now scurrying back to their bases trying to copy us once again, we figured we would keep a few aces up our sleeves.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the support and participation during our 12 Days of Christmas. Entries to competitions are now closed. Once judging has been done winners will be announced in the coming days. Of course this does not mean that news and new features and innovations are over. Far from it. We still have a few surprises yet, so watch this space for more.

(January 19th, 2005)

#81 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:47 PM

PR Competition Winners Announced

>> From TeamXodus.com:

XODUS ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE FRENCH PEN PR COMPETITION.

We are proud to announce the winners of our French Pen PR competition. Today, there is no hype or banter as the winning entries speak for themselves. All we will say is that the title, “12 (twelve) reasons why Xenium is the Best” seemed to pose no problem at all to the many entrants we judged. It is truly a powerful and positive reflection on our multi-faceted product and our multi talented supporter base that so many quality entries were submitted. Well done! We had debated whether 12 different reasons why our product, team and supporter base were the best, would be manageable and we had thought of asking for only three or five reasons but we are glad we did not do that as that would have been way too simple for Xenium supporters smile.gif

After pouring through the entries we finally settled on three finalists. The overall winner, Rabid 1 takes centre stage today. You can read the other finalist entries by Dimitri and Rigoberto, and we are sure you will agree that our decision was not an easy one. The winners will be contacted individually and given the choice of the antique French Pen or a cash prize of $ 250.

But enough from us, as promised, here is your new PR man Rabid 1 who has the floor. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all those who entered.

WINNING ENTRY:

First a little background for you. I am a 41 year old ex-nightclub bouncer and manager. I have huge fingers and working in the dark for 12 years will certainly screw your eyesight. I got into PC and Network design because it was the only thing that didn’t bore me after I left the business. Since that has been getting a little stale I was interested in modding.

After a year of reading about different chips and being told this chip is better than that chip I came across the Xenium Ice. The descriptions sounded too good to be true and the posts on TeamXodus.com were a little cocky for a newly released product. I like that! I had helped a few people install some of the “other guy’s chips” and after trying to place switches and connect programmers I was really expecting more of the same. So in September I ordered my first Xenium.

user posted image

Most chips talk of ease of installation but leave out the finer points of what is really entailed until you have already paid the price. My Xenium arrived and after having read the tutorials a few times before it showed up it was up and running in 10 to 15 minutes. I was shocked. At first look I was daunted by the small d0 and the LPC. But the adapter sunk right in and the d0 took just second and some common sense to rough it up for better contact, it was solder filled.

The ease of install advertised was exactly what I got. I bragged it up so much I had to put my money where my mouth was and mod a couple of co-workers at the risk of my having to replace the Xbox should I screw up. Needless to say I have not yet had to cough up once. Here it is 3 months later and I just topped 30 installs, which the Xenium Ice has made so easy that I don’t charge for them. I let the word of mouth speak for itself. Almost every install has commented on the overall ease of use and user friendly interface of the OS 2.0, particularly the ex users of the “other guy’s”. They can’t believe a chip can be so easy to setup. From using the Web server to Launch or flash a bios, or flashing from USB, to the ability to play on Xbox Live without turning off or removing the chip. The HD upgrade wizard is simple and clean, being able to backup the eeprom to the chip keeps me safe from my “ooh let’s push this and see what it does” evil little inner voice, and I will put a properly installed Xenium solderless install against any solder job.

Let’s not forget the support forums, where members are actually encouraged to participate and aren’t made to feel like stupid “noobs” (although in the beginning aren’t we all?). Simply asking questions on other forums left me with standard responses about “wait until you have the chip so you know what you are talking about”. Rarely did anyone take the time to try to point me in the right direction.

So let’s break some of it down -

1. Ease of Install
2. Stable and user friendly OS
3. Online Flash and Launch
4. Full networking suite
5. Region control
6. On the fly OS upgrade
7. On the fly OS recovery
8. Eeprom backup and restore
9. Xbox live support
10. Great after sale customer service
11. Seamless compatibility with mainstream bios
12. Cute little multi color LED and USB port( Hey! Even a mod chip needs a little something cute!)

So let the pretenders bring on their bells and whistles, and try to confuse us with finger pointing and blame. An engine has to run right before it’s worth painting and polishing the whole car, and so should the chip work well before it should beep, twinkle and buzz. The Xenium doesn’t just work well, it out performs the competition. I am looking forward to the day when I proudly wear the logo “Xenium Inside” on the monitor to my pacemaker. After all…
user posted image

(January 29th, 2005)

#82 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:50 PM

XENIUM FAKES WARNING

>> From TeamXodus.com:

XENIUM FAKES WARNING:

It has come to our attention that fake Xenium chips have re-surfaced and that they are once again failing as we have warned. ACT 2 is active against all non genuine product and is now being triggered at random. It is our right to protect our OS and our customers who have purchased original product and we will exercise that right at will.

Below are pictures of fake chips with clearly marked differences from the originals. Ensure that you check the chip you are sold and if you find that it is a fake, send it back and claim credit card fraud from the reseller that sold it to you. Do not accept a replacement chip. Demand your money back. If you have been defrauded, let us know, and we gladly assist and point you in the right direction.

user posted image

Hi Res version of image: http://www.teamxodus.../fake/HiRes.jpg

(February 9th, 2005)

Edited by appleguru, 10 May 2005 - 10:51 PM.

#83 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:53 PM

Xodus S.P. and Xenium S.P.ICE

>> From TeamXodus.com:

Xodus S.P. and Xenium S.P.ICE

We are proud to announce the launch of our new, truly universal solder less adaptor the Xodus S. P. (Solderless Pro) adaptor. S.P. is the first (and only) truly universal adaptor designed to work on ALL currently existing Xbox versions and with all LPC based chips. Which support the Xodus protocol of wiring D0 control to pin 4 of the LPC. (All 4th Gen chips except earlier SmartXX versions)

user posted image

Xodus S.P. -Recommended Retail Price: $ 29

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE!

For a limited time only we are offering a special bundle package, Xodus S.P. and Ice (SPICE) for an incredible price of only $69.

user posted image

Xodus SPICE -Recommended Retail Price $ 69 ONLY

Here are some key features, that once again re-affirm our commitment to groundbreaking innovation, leadership and total dedication to safety, ease of use and quality products for you, the end user.

1.Works with ALL known Xbox versions to date (no need to check your version first)
2.No soldering required at all. Period.
3.Installs in seconds.
4. Unique precision engineered acrylic template for wire guide and safety feature.
5. Instant verification of correct contact on all five points through LED indicators (not for decoration only)
6. The only fourth gen., fully solerless DIY system offering such flexibility and compatibility available to date

It is important to note that as the original inventors of the solderless install system, the basic requirements for a DIY unit have not changed and is what we have consistently worked to provide. We understand the desire for a hassle free solderless unit with no need for concern over Xbox version, install difficulties, mechanical failures, or unsafe connections, and which is completely fool proof. Such an adapter is, and always will be, a must for users who do not want to solder.

Book your Spice pack from your favorite retailer early to avoid disappointment.

For trade enquiries, please contact us. trade@no.spam.team-xodus.com (remove the nospam part)

(February 15th, 2005)

Edited by appleguru, 10 May 2005 - 10:57 PM.

#84 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:56 PM

XOS Skinning Competition Winners, French Support Announced

>> From TeamXodus.com:

XODUS NEWS UPDATE

WINNERS OF BIG 5 SKINNING COMPETITION ANNOUNCED

It gives us great pleasure to announce the winners of the Xodus Big 5 skinning contest. After pouring through the hundreds of brilliant entries received we finally settled on the following:

Finalists: Winners of $ 100 each:
Masamune
Dangerouslycheesy
Dbxz
Otakonx

Grand prize winner: $ 500:

Rob

“X-Reactor”

user posted image

All winners have been notified and their prizes will be sent shortly. Congratulations to all the finalists and thank you to all of you who participated.

WELCOME TO OUR OFFICIAL FRENCH SUPPORT

We would like to take this opportunity to welcome aboard Team Gueux who will be providing official French support for Team Xodus and all of oiur French speaking customers.

Nous profitons de cette opportunité pour souhaiter la bienvenue à l’équipe de Gueux qui offrira le support officiel en français pour la Team Xodus et tous nos clients français.

As we have said many times before we take support for our product and our customers very seriously and are proud to offer this service. Our partnership agreement will enable support, manual translation and live support in French through their dedicated IRC channel. Thank you very much to Team Gueux and we are look forward to working with you.

Comme nous l'avons bien souvent dit avant, nous apportons une attention particulière au support clientèle ainsi que matériel et sommes fiers de cela. Notre partenariat permettra d’offrir des manuels et un support clientèle direct en français au travers d’un channel IRC. Merci beaucoup à l’équipe de Gueux et nous sommes impatient de travailler avec vous.

(February 16th, 2005)

Edited by appleguru, 10 May 2005 - 11:00 PM.

#85 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:59 PM

A-Ward Recipients, XFusion Logo Competition Winners

>> From TeamXodus.com:

ANNOUNCING THE TEAM XODUS A-WARD RECIPIENTS

We would like to take this opportunity to publicly recognize and thank the recipients of the Xodus A-wards. Although this was not a competition as such, the recognition of the support and dedication shown by the following individuals speaks for itself. On behalf of all of us here at Team Xodus as well as the loyal users and fans out there, we would like to thank you for all your help and commitment to a great product and a fantastic user base that is second to none.

Cap269
Appleguru
Rabid1
Dangerouslycheesy
Gumba
Green Giant

We will be getting in touch with each of you soon to thank you personally. It is because of the dedication of guys like you that Xenium is, and always will be, the clear market leader. Thank you.

XODUS/XTENDER LOGO COMPETITION WINNERS ANNOUNCED

It gives us great pleasure to announce the winners of our Xfusion logo competition. Once again, we received many brilliant entries and we had a lot of fun going through all your creations. Congratulations to the finalists.

Finalists:
Otakonx
Raisingod
Blinx

Grand Prize winner (500 USD)
Otakonx

Well done to all our finalists and thanks to all of you who participated.

(February 28th, 2005)

#86 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

Xenium S.P.ICE Now Shipping, S.P.ICE 1.6 Install Manual

>> From TeamXodus.com:

XENIUM SPICE NOW SHIPPING:

We are proud to announce that our much anticipated bundled package including, Xenium, Xsorease and our brand new 1.6 compatible adaptor are now shipping. As expected, with the release of yet another revolutionary product, demand has been overwhelming and we have been working night and day to fulfill back orders. We are glad to announce that we are now on track and that orders are shipping.

IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION

Despite our clear and concise announcements it appears that some retailers have caused confusion in the market by trying to separate the special SPICE bundle pack to sell adaptors separately. This will not work! We would like to make it clear to all that there is a distinct difference between the SPICE adaptor and the Xodus SP adaptor (not yet released).
The SPICE bundle pack has an adaptor that works off 3.3 volts and will work with chips that are 3.3 volts ONLY. It will not work with other chips.
The SP adaptor is the universal one that will work with other chips and it is not yet released. We have individually contacted retailers to clarify these points once again and we are ensuring that confusing text on sites is being rectified immediately. Our specially configured adaptor for the SPICE bundle is just that, specially configured and should not be confused in any way whatsoever with the universal SP adaptor designed for all other chips. We trust that the point is now made and that the difference is now crystal clear to all.

INSTALL MANUALS HERE

Included in this post are the install manuals that many of you have been waiting for. (Manual). Updated manuals for the 1.0 - 1.4 install will follow shortly.

Manual: http://teamxodus.com...op=getit&lid=64

(March 10th, 2005)

#87 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

XODUS SP UNIVERSAL ADAPTOR RELEASED

>> From TeamXodus.com:

XODUS SP UNIVERSAL ADAPTOR RELEASED

Following hot on the heels of our success with Xenium SPICE, the much anticipated and requested Universal Xodus XP adaptor is out on pre-order now with shipping commencing by the beginning of next week.

Xenium SPICE, has surpassed all expectations and has proven once again that our innovative and unique designs make DIY a breeze. Don’t take our word for it. Here are a few samples of what some satisfied customers had to say:

“I installed a S.P.ICE today. It’s the best invention since velcro! Installation has never been easier, it is pretty much idiot proof. The adapter auto aligns and all the pins fall into place. It was great!”
Thanks to you all for your support. “

“as a first time modder, the sp adapter made my life so much easier. (when i first opened my 1.6 box, i was thinking "sh!t those traces/vias are tiny" that i def. wouldnt have been able to solder it myself). i'm not saying that the sp adapter is totally easy/foolproof either because my install took longer than their little tutorial. the diffculty lies in getting the wires to "snap/click" into place; directly in the center of the vias. this involves shoving the wires trying to get them centered so that you get contact and the led's make it much easier to differentiate”

“I tried the old solderless adapters, and they sucked. I installed a spice on a friends xbox and it was 10 times better. It was a whole lot sturdier than i thought it would be. “

SNEAK PEAK

As a special sneak peak into our rigorous world of quality control and testing we thought we would let you have a look at one of our top secret vids.

WARNING:
This video is not for the squeamish and should not be tried at home

Download Video
A bit extreme you say? We think not. Well at least not for the SPICE smile.gif

A point of clarity for those that may have missed previous posts:

The adaptor shipped with the Xenium in the SPICE bundle package is exclusive to Xenium.

Based on the same technology, the Xodus SP adapter is the first TRULY UNIVERSAL ADAPTER that works on all known Xbox versions to date and compatible with amost all LPC based modchips that have the Xodus system of wiring d0 control to pin 4 of the LPC. (compatibility and test table will be posted shortly)

Order your Xodus SP from your favourite retailer NOW!

Download Video

(March 25th, 2005)

Edited by appleguru, 10 May 2005 - 11:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users