• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 amdman

amdman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 11:35 PM

Hey guys, I am completely new to the Xbox modding scene and got one the other day. My question is can I still perform a HDD Swap when I flash the TSOP with the latest EvolutionX bios? I noticed a few things said you need both a "bios and a modchip" that supports hdd swapping. I have a Xecuter 2.3 Pro on order but who knows when that is going to be in stock. Is there any downside to just modding it myself instead of waiting? (I am very impatient.) I already purchased a 160gb seagate so I don't want to flash it if its not going to work with it.

Thanks
Amdman

#2 netscan

netscan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 11:59 PM

When you flash the TSOP, its just like having a mod-chip installed, so go nuts.

#3 darkJester

darkJester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 12:13 AM

What about with the X2 4979.06 TSOP flash? Would I be able to use a hard drive already loaded with the EvolutionX dashboard on it even though the TSOP is X2?

Thanks!

#4 socrates

socrates

X-S Knowledgebase

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 December 2003 - 12:15 AM

hmmmm thats a good one, now im leaning towards not cause the xbox you would have taken it from would have to be the exact same model and number as the one your putting it in, come to think of it i think it would have to be the same damn xbox so no......no im sure of it now, no sorry wink.gif

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 December 2003 - 01:53 AM

as long as you unlock the HD before taking it out you can pu tit into any modded xbox regardless of model number or manufature date

and yes, an X2 bios will load the evox dashbaord just fine

im kida sick of all the "modchip supports this, modchip supports that" almost ALL features a bios and it doesnt matter what chip its on (yes, the TSOP is a chip) although now the new gen4 mods (xenium, x3) will have more hardware features

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users