• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tony99nyr

tony99nyr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 12:11 AM

Recently got the new chameleon, with the red led. I have a v1.0 box. When its lined up, all the led does is stay solid red. Doesnt matter wut bus, the box boots up and shows no cromwell or "enter bios cd" screen. Ive burned the cds and attempted to boot from them, but it goes to the M$ dash and just says the disk is unreadable. Ive tried slayors auto install too. Any ideas, suggestions, or anything? im out of ideas

and merry xmas!!!! laugh.gif

#2 tony99nyr

tony99nyr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 12:14 AM

btw, i havent soldered the P or E yet. Is this required for the chip to work? i thought it was optional...

#3 decline1822

decline1822

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 02:34 AM

Make sure the d0 is aligned correctly and that you put the chip on the adapter right

I've installed 3 of these chips on 1.0s and had some trouble getting the d0 to work on the third one, but eventually I got it and it works great now.

#4 akillamuthafucca

akillamuthafucca

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 25 December 2003 - 08:39 AM

If you have problem with the do, solder wire from that top of the chip where it says do ,to the wire thats connected to that adapter that goes to the do, thats makes sure that you have direct connection and now all you have to do is line your do well and you got it I mean you donot have to do this but if your suspecting you might have a short in do or something this eliminates that suspician

#5 meccaman

meccaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 05:11 PM

soldering the p&e is optional ...
i did my buddy's xbox 1.0 the other day using the new red led chip.
i did simple quick solder installation and its running perfect.

#6 tony99nyr

tony99nyr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 08:24 PM

aight ill solder it up and make sure there is a direct connection.

did my buddy's xbox 1.0 the other day using the new red led chip.

did the led flash? or stay solid?

#7 tony99nyr

tony99nyr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:16 PM

hmmph... gay?

with the box off i cleaned up the d0 hole with rubbing alcohol and proceeded to sratch it away a little bit to make sure it had a good connection. I turned it on and red led kinda flashed but the box fragged. Now with or without the chip it frags. I took the mother board out and perused the d0 and it really doesnt look like i scratched it too bad or anything. Could it be a bad bios? or am i just not seeing the problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users