• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gadgetx

gadgetx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:38 AM

I have installed the X-ecuter 2.3 lite in my 1.0 Box. I also changed the HD to a 120GB drive. The install went great and seemed to work fine. With the chip enabled I got the Cromwell bios. When disabled I got the MS message that I need service. I assume that this is due to the new drive not being locked. OK so far so good. After reading and following some tips from several post, I used x2bm and the X2_4978_BFM.bin file to generate my bios.bin. Placed that file along with my 100mb dummy file on the cdrw and flashed the chip.

With the chip enabled, the unit will usually not turn on. It will try but then immediatly turn off, if it does come on the eject button flashes red, with nothing on the screen.

I was able to desable the chip so that I could eject the disc but thats all I can do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, and Happy Holidays!

#2 HAL2001

HAL2001

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:42 AM

Your BFM bios was not the correct bios to use. BFM stands for "boot from media" and is used by the PBL for softmods.
For flashing your modchip with an Xecuter bios you will want to use 4979.
You have two options:
buy a programer and reprogram with new bios
hot-swap the chip with an already modded functioning xbox running evox and flash it through evox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users