• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PNISRNKL

PNISRNKL

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 07:24 AM

i got the new chameleon chip and it has a red led for some reason (i read somewhere that it is because its a clone). the led did blink until i tried to flash a bios onto the chip. i got the solderless adapter but one of the pins were bent and so i had to solder mad.gif .the linux boot screen i get is different than anything ive seen around, i guess its new (its a blue backround, not black, without any sign of the penguin) so after trying a million times it said sucessful flash (dont know why it didnt work the other million times), so i was happy. boot up again and i just get that same damn linux screen. so i finally broke down and made a connector for the wire i had to solder on from the bent pin and detached the chameleon from the xbox to use the programmer i got with a matrix chip a while back when i installed it for someone else. flashed all banks with the same bios (the xecuter 2.4976.02 and it has a color mod i made). so i turn it on and the color "X" is there and so i assumed it worked. AWESOME after all of this time screwing around, it finally works... time for evox! but no!, when i burn a regular cd-rw (the same one that had bios files on it so i know it can be read) with evox files i get a cant read disc error and when i make an Xiso and burn it, i get that damn linux screen again which i assumed should be gone because i flashed all banks and doubled checked them. this is different from the matrix chip and im struggling. i cant do anything from this linux screen except flash the bios again and, i think i can check the hdd lock code(thats what it looks like anyway) but i sorta made out what seems to say a bios checksum so i dont know what it is, . the words are too small to read, i can only make out half of the words on there and this is sooooo annoying. please can someone help

thanks to everyone in advance

#2 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 December 2003 - 07:56 AM

wow...that's one hell of a post!

too much for me to read, but i got a few lines down. if your chameleon adapter is broken, send it back and get a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users