#1 soothers

soothers

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 10:51 AM

hey...
ive installed a new hdd in my xbox... i had the chip to disable the modchip when the power button is tapped... now when i installed the new hdd and installed the software, evox and flash to a new bios .. the xbox loads evox and works great when i hold the power button in... when i tap the power button to load without the modchip on i get the service error screen in japanese or whatever..

can someone help me out.. cheers..

#2 kilen

kilen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 11:06 AM

I think you have to lock your HD. If you have Evox 3935 you can telnet into your Xbox and run the command HDDlockenable. Then it should work.

#3 crazymex13

crazymex13

X-S Young Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 26 December 2003 - 11:35 AM

acutally when you installed your new hd you must copy over a copy of files off your old retail HD taht you were suppose to back up....like:

msxboxdash.xbe

theres a tutorial on this around here somewhere it ant just a copy paste thingy ya know... dry.gif Or maybe it is

#4 FunkmaztafoX

FunkmaztafoX

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 12:16 PM

what you can do is something like i did. get the BIOS that you like the best and use XBTool and edit it. Change the settings so it loads evoxdash.xbe first, and nothing after that. then save that BIOS and flash it to your chip. Next, FTP to your xbox and change your msdash.xbe to xboxdash.xbe and xboxdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe. what's happening is that your chip's default BIOS is looking for xboxdash.xbe and it finds it (but it's really evox.xbe) but is not authorized to use it so it shuts down.

#5 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

Either you didn't copy all the files in the C: partition of your original hard drive, or your new hard drive is not locked. I'm guessing you didn't lock it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users