14 replies to this topic

#1 Night-Hawk[Qc]

Night-Hawk[Qc]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:33 AM

Hi,

Well I'm kinda n00b with this stuff so unsure.gif Here's the problem, I have a Xbox v1.0 with a Chameleon bought from EB2k (red led). It has the default Cromwell 2.27 bios on it. I want to flash it to something else since Evo-X won't boot from that bios. But I can't get to flash the damn thing. I've been trying for 6 hours and it still says "Waiting for drive...". I burnt the CD with Nero folowing the tutorials and everything. I use memorex CD-RW (it's a thomson drive btw) burnt at 4X with Nero folowing the instructions from a tutorial on this site. I start up the Xbox, then I select the CD thing in the bottom, then it says Waiting for drive, I wait 2 minutes, insert my CD with LINUXBIO.BIN and AAAA.AAA (Windows XP SP1 rared up) on it, then it says waiting for drive...and finaly after some time the cd is ejected and it says "Insert the cd and press the a button blablabla". Tried it with another Memorex CD-RW and it still doensn't work. I really don't know what I am doing wrong... Could you guys help me ? cool.gif

#2 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:36 AM

drop kick your tommy out the door biggrin.gif lol

well no but thats your problem

tommy's suck big time.. have a friend who may have a philly or something you can swap for a bit?

seems to me like chip works fine

maybe try the pc drive swap tutorial for initial setup?

#3 shank69xo

shank69xo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Interests:XBOX360, PC Mods, Titties<br /><br />MuDvAyNe
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 December 2003 - 05:59 AM

Try DVD-R if you got a burner. I had to do that for a Thomson before. If not try the oldest CD-RW 650MB you can find. I always seem to have luck with old CD-RW's. Then get rid of that fucker and get a Samsung605 or modded 616t

#4 Vric

Vric

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:17 PM

Thomson are pain with CD-R/RW.. you should try DVD-RW or get a programer..

or if you feel really cool, you can open your thomson and make the voltage mod (you can find it under tutorial on this web site.. look quite hard to do)

#5 excetara2

excetara2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:45 PM

My Thomson will not read Memorex cd-rw. IT reads my cheap Dvd+rw all day long.

#6 dark_one

dark_one

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 06:29 PM

i have the same problem. 'Waiting for drive'. So its just because my drive is a thomson doesnt read cdr/rw's? it reads music cd-r's just fine tho uhh.gif . What are some options to fix this?!?!

#7 JonDante

JonDante

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Interests:Music Production<br />XBox
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2003 - 06:46 PM

Your drive reads Music CD-Rs? Or does it read bought music CDs. If it reads music CD-R's then you are lucky, and you may as well burn your bios to a CD-R cause it WILL work IF, AND ONLY IF, your Thompson is the one magical Thompson out the hundreds of thousands that can read CD-R. (I have yet to see an unmodified Thompson that can.)

JonDante

Please let me know if it works.

#8 dark_one

dark_one

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:02 PM

it reads bought cds fine except 1 i bought; it wont read the 2nd last track and wont copy the last 2. Aside from that it seamed to read a burned track fine, except the last 3 or so tracks. But i already tried flashing it with a CD-R AND a CD-RW with no luck.

#9 Fastarr

Fastarr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:04 PM

haha a thomson that can read cd-r.... sounds like a hilarious joke to me...

after a few weeks i felt like pissing on my thomson... try a philips - as has already been suggested... my cousins worked flawlessly in my xbox...

jon, btw... been wondering if you knew anything about xbox attempting to boot 3 times, then finally staying on and flashing the led around the eject button red and green with no video output whatsoever...
what hapnd was i flashed a chameleon 2.27 with a bad bios i think... and changing banks doesnt effect a thing.. i also flashed my chameleon 1.8 with the same bad bios and was able to switch banks and reflash (successfully with x2 4977) ... but the cromwell 2.27 just wont do it.... (red led on the chip, xbox power led flashs red and green nonstop)
what to do???

currently trying to get evox dash onto my chip to hopefully execute a hotswap with my cousins bad chip and use the reflash option in evox? i know nothing about this first hand because i havent gotten there yet...

#10 dark_one

dark_one

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:08 PM

Ok then, where is it possible to find a phillips. I'm the only one i know with an xbox, besides my cousin (brand new xbox - no way im getting near it) sad.gif

#11 Fastarr

Fastarr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:13 PM

to tell you the truth, i dont know where you can get a dvd drive aside from one of your friends... i never even figured out if u can buy them separately from somewhere...

i was lucky enough to have a cousin who also wanted to modify his xbox...

try convincing your cousin to modify his becuz its cool and while he's at it, grab his drive for a bit...

or... as has also already been suggested.. get some dvd-r's and a dvd burner and repeat what you've done onto one of those...

any of your neighbors have a dvd burner? ask around, do some research.
sorry thats all i can tell ya

#12 dark_one

dark_one

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:19 PM

How about this tutorial. is it worth a try or do i go buy some dvd-r/rw's

Edited by dark_one, 28 December 2003 - 07:34 PM.

#13 Fastarr

Fastarr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:23 PM

well, this is the first im hearing of it... u referring to the voltage mod?? i have no idea about it... try creating a new thread and ask about that one... im curious too... cuz i wouldnt mind making my poor pathetic thomson a little better than it is

#14 dark_one

dark_one

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:36 PM

heh u replied while i was editing message. Hes the full link - http://www.xbox-scen...es/dvdtweak.php

#15 lostsailor

lostsailor

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:58 PM

Night Hawk, if you finally got this to work, please reply with what media you used. Brand and type, DVD or CD...because i have same setup as you and same problem. Thompson drive wont read my Memorex CD-RW, need to know a confirmed brand/type of media that works with Thompson drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users