Photo

How To Get Hddpass Out Of A Disc Without The Xbox?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Disincarnate

Disincarnate

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 10:40 PM

Hi guys! I have a few xbox hdd's here but I don't have the consoles that they came with. I still have my own xbox and I have been trying to hot swap the discs with ConfigMagic but I can't get it working. Is it possible to get them unlocked somehow when I don't have the xbox consoles they where bundled with?! Thanks in advance!

#2 Disincarnate

Disincarnate

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:20 PM

Anyone?

#3 JudgeDT

JudgeDT

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:08 PM

maybe with slayers evox installer disc???? dunno just a suggestion......

#4 spuddie

spuddie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:14 PM

Without being horrible

NOT A CHANCE

This is xbox nirvana to be able to do that. Unlock before removal or they are as good as dead.

There are two passwords on the HDD bios -

User set by the xbox using a unique password generated by the onboard eeprom unique to that machine according to serial no.

The second is a master password by the HDD manufacturer. If you get this you can unlock it allthough it does a full secure erase (low level format) They claim not to know it ( i asked ) even though they make the HDD they claim it is set by MS !?

These features of the HDD are security features that have existed for years but no one has bothered using apart from MS and the XBox. Why ? who knows, I cant see any advantage.

#5 networkBoy

networkBoy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:43 PM

notebook computers use the security features too.
Anyway, head over to my site and read the info on how hard disk locking works. It won't give you the magic key to unlock the disks, but it will explain what's going on so you can (hopefully) realise what you are up aginst.
-nB

Edited by networkBoy, 14 January 2004 - 05:44 PM.

#6 Ghettofreeryder

Ghettofreeryder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 08:52 PM

Actually, you can unlock it with some software, unforunately, this software is only available to internal techies who work for a rather lage company(c*mp*q). I told a friend of mine he can keep my xbox hd if he can unlcok it, next day he had it done, i asked him how he did it, and he said they have a hd tool to unlcok them. I asked him if i could get it, but he said it was difficult for him to get, and theres no chance in hell for me to get it. If any one else has access to this tool, it would be great if you could slip it into the community

#7 ofx210p

ofx210p

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 January 2004 - 10:03 PM

Im sure we'd all just need to know the name of the tool (assuming it was software) ...it'd be out there somewhere !

#8 Ghettofreeryder

Ghettofreeryder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:05 AM

yeah, id love to give u the name, but unfortunately, he didnt tell me, and cant tell me. Hopefully someone makes a nice dist. to the community by sneaking it out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users