10 replies to this topic

#1 motorhead460

motorhead460

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:08 AM

Hi,I have a v1.0 xbox that is flashing green and yellow on start up.It will not eject the dvd,it makes a noise like it is trying to eject a couple of times but won't, also theres no video.anybody know what is wrong or how to fix it if it is even fixable? Thanks

Edited by motorhead460, 28 December 2003 - 04:12 AM.

#2 |Seraphim|

|Seraphim|

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 December 2003 - 04:53 AM

green and yellow? never heard of that before. are you sure its not orange or something? Check out this meaning of LEDs flashing

#3 motorhead460

motorhead460

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:05 AM

Hi,yes I geuss it is orange.Yellowish orange maybe.but anyways thanks for the link,I'll check it out. P.s. it say's that it may be due to a solder splash(no mod so it shouldn't be that) or a damaged track,what is that refering to the hard drive?

Edited by motorhead460, 28 December 2003 - 05:10 AM.

#4 |Seraphim|

|Seraphim|

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:18 AM

I think it means to say its due to a broken trace, but im just guessing, I could be wrong on what it exactly means wink.gif

#5 motorhead460

motorhead460

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 05:30 AM

Thanks again,I geuss I need to invest in a good magnifying glass and go over the m/b real good.

#6 impokinya

impokinya

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:00 AM

i get the distinct impression that there are a lot of people modding their xbox when they really shouldn't be. but i guess that's just me. huh.gif

#7 motorhead460

motorhead460

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:58 PM

I have 2 xbox's that I have modded a v1 and a v1.1 and they both work perfect.This v1 xbox with the flashing green and orange light belongs to a friend and I'm just checking it out.Why would you think people are modding when they shouldn't be?Everyone has to start somewhere,thats why this forum is called newbie chat.

#8 xbmod

xbmod

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:16 AM

Do you have the a/v pack plug in

#9 impokinya

impokinya

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:19 AM

because i see a bunch of people who don't know thing one about computers... and have no interest in learning. not only that... but they are way too lazy to do the necessary research before undertaking a project that potentially cost them over $200. they haven't bothered to read any of the dozens of tutorials on xb-s or read any of the pinned topics posted all over the boards that go over these questions that have been asked for the billionth time.

it's just annoying that i have to sift through 10 posts about "how do i ftp to my xbox" before i can find anything interesting... like some cool feature i haven't found out about yet.

i have no problem with people being new to modding their box... or even new to computers... but geez put some effort into it.

#10 motorhead460

motorhead460

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 11:04 PM

Hey xbmod thanks man,I had the a/v plugged in but I checked it again after your post and it had a little white piece of plastic like stuff stuck in it,looks like a piece of styrofoam from some packing material or something,it was blocking maybe 2 pins from contacting.But the bad news is I ask my buddy about what it was doing in the first place and he said it wasn't flashing green and orange,that must have just happened.The original problem is when you boot up there is no cd eject and no a/v,I can hit the eject button and the drive spins up and whines a little bit like it is going to do something,the light blinks 4 or 5 times then it just sits there.If I eject the cd manually with no power and then boot up it closes the bay and just sits there,tried it with a game in and it still just sits there.I'm gonna search around and see what I can find out about it,anyone seen this before? Thanks

#11 zcdohl

zcdohl

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 11:26 PM

Maybe this can help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users