• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tony7

tony7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 06:44 AM

So my sister got me a semi clear blue MS S controller and I have been resale'ing these 3000mcd superbrite blue leds and had about a 150 on hand so i decided to put a couple in. I ran them off 5v that i drew from the memory card slot. The hardest part was positioning them inside the controller so they didnt get in the way of the buttons or screws so the controller could close. Theres very little xtra space inside these controllers dry.gif but i managed to fit a few in and theyre realllly bright, i tried to position them so none of them would be shining right at my face but one of them does blink.gif fortunatly its the one in the right grip and gets covered by my hand when im playing biggrin.gif . It came out pretty good tell me what you think.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by tony7, 28 December 2003 - 06:46 AM.

#2 PiMpShiN

PiMpShiN

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 07:53 AM

great job, really bright

#3 ProSam

ProSam

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:02 AM

Is there a Tut on this mod, I know I should search but I'm feeling lazy right now. It's 5 in the morning damnit. I should be sleeping.

I have the same controller and I have the led's. Does the controller also need the resistors?

BTW. It looks great. jester.gif

Edited by ProSam, 28 December 2003 - 08:03 AM.

#4 tony7

tony7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:08 AM

resistor depends on what kinda LED's they are. the ones i keep in stock are 3.3v/5v so i didnt need any resistors but you probably will. I just drew power from the memory card slot. The pin on the right is power and the one on the left is ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users