14 replies to this topic

#1 Malfoy

Malfoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:47 PM

I have seen simlar topics reguarding the apple chip but they dont offer enough insight. Just installed the AA64. The LED is functioning properly when starting up (orange when held down green when tapped) but the orange X icon is not appearing and the normal bios is booting. I know this is not due to a bad DO connection (as I ruined the origional connection and had to strap the front side of the board to the back and the wire from the chip and the strapped wire are twisted together dry.gif ). Is there a bios flash that needs to be performed or is there software I need to load via CDRW. I've been reading about EVOX and GDF but don't know what my next move needs to be. uhh.gif

Edited by Malfoy, 29 December 2003 - 12:50 AM.

#2 Budz420

Budz420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:55 PM

seems like a bad install somewhere dude, check the lpc points. it will reset like that to the original if it can load it off of it

#3 bi786

bi786

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 05:23 PM

It is prolly working just fine, not all Alladdins have the orange X logo. Try a backed up game on DVD media.

#4 Malfoy

Malfoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 10:38 PM

I have checked the solder points several times and know at least that the DO connection is good as I severed the connection and had to gump it from the other side of the board. If that connection was not good than the machine wouldn't boot. Is there anything else that could be wrong?

#5 Budz420

Budz420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 04:17 PM

Umm is your xbox an 1.4/1.5 if so maybe the preflashed bios on it is not one compatabile with the xbox. what version do you have and where did u buy the chip

#6 Malfoy

Malfoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 04:22 AM

It's definitely a 1.0

#7 mikemurf

mikemurf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 10:50 AM

I just install an aladdin 64 chip as well. I have triple checked all connections-especially the DO. I know the installation is correct. However it only boots normally. I am suspecting the chip I bought was not preflashed with a bios. If so, how does one flash this modchip? The ICs are soldered to the board-no sockets, so flashing by placing the flash chip in a programmer soes not seem right? Is there a way to flash the chip easily?

#8 nitro_fish

nitro_fish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:05 PM

Are you grounding the D0 point on the motherboard? or did you just hook it up to the modchip. The only reason I ask is that you need the other optional connection points to get the D0 solder point on the modchip to work if not then all you need to do is ground the D0 to turn the modchip on provided that all your LPC points are good.

#9 Malfoy

Malfoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 09:06 PM

So you connect the DO to the ground as well as to the mod chip? Also, can you just connect the Solder point (DO) on the chip to the ground or does it need to be connected at the DO point? wink.gif

#10 tracerbox

tracerbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 03:51 PM

I have a aa64, and it works perfect... i got it installed by somebody, and it was flashed with the evox M7 bios, but no evox was installed. So when i booted up, i got no orange screens and stuff, it looked exactly the same as booting up withoud a chip. Its yust what is programed into he bios... so boot up end see if you can play a backup...if so you are good to go. If you want and you got ecox installed you can use xbtool to edit your bios and reflash it (this can fuck up your box bad) so that is shows a orange, ore yellow with pink stripes :-) logo.

Edited by tracerbox, 02 January 2004 - 03:53 PM.

#11 Malfoy

Malfoy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:16 AM

It will definitely not play backups. As I said the LED is functioning properly but the backups are not playing. uhh.gif

#12 schristie

schristie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:59 PM

No one seems to be able to speak in specifics about bios flashing in every post on this topic i've seen. sad.gif

So, how do us "lamen" flash the bios?

Where is the documentation or website or a forum post with the details on how to flash the bios fmro a cd?
How do you make a bootable cd? and so on...

Please help!?

#13 Neo2003

Neo2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:08 PM

Triple check your soldering, specially on the L1 & BT connection, sometime too much heat will transfer the solder accros the "dio" ... Personnally I prefer solder a switch D0/GND which work perfectly all the time ... Do you really need the led to change to Orange or do you want to hold the power button for ever to get the mod on?

#14 Neo2003

Neo2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:11 PM

If you think you have no BIOS on your chips, than you have noway to flash it, if you don't have the cheap-mod programmer or hotswap flashing wink.gif

#15 udrink

udrink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:55 PM

Malfoy, I just went through the same thing of wrecking the top D0, the D0 on the modchip must be connected to ground as well as to the mobo D0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users