• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 big jeep'n

big jeep'n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:12 PM

is that some special cable i need or can i use my normal link cable....i tried it last night but my xbox kept trying to read the cable as a internet connection...

also if i have the 2 xbox's hooked up with the system link cable can i transfer programs back and forth?...i guess i would need some special program?

tia...

#2 xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

xBaNaNaEv0LuTiOnx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 December 2003 - 04:46 PM

you need a crossover cable, or a router of sorts. a standard cable won't work because you will have conflicting input/output connections.

#3 big jeep'n

big jeep'n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 05:14 PM

ok, so if i buy that cable i will be able to play together but is there away to transfer files from one box to another??..other then using a comp??..

#4 Aron Parsons

Aron Parsons

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 December 2003 - 05:49 PM

Yes, a crossover cable allows 2 network devices (non hub/router/switch) to be directly connected. It has to do with the wire locations and the signals going back and forth (dummy explanation wink.gif ). Now, you can either buy a crossover cable and just connect the two devices directly, or you can buy a hub (~$30 for a 4-port hub), and use normal CAT5 cables. You would plug all the devices into the hub, and they would all be able to communicate. This is the better option, especially since your'e talking about 3+ devices in this situation (two Xboxs and a PC). If you ahve a crossover cable, only the 2 devices will be connected, and it limits expansion in the future (plus with a hub, you can have 4 Xboxs for System Link play).

#5 big jeep'n

big jeep'n

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:42 PM

ok, gonna pick up the system link cable...is there a special apps i need to dl so i can transfer files back and forth from box to box??..what program should i use??..

#6 mrjosh

mrjosh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 12:18 AM

Good thing you read the tutorials so you don't sound stupid.

Are both xbox's modded?

Are you running either the evox dashboard or another dashboard with an ftp server on both xbox's?

If you answered yes to the above questions, you may ftp into the xbox's from a computer, or use the program XB-FTP to copy directly xbox-to-xbox.

If you answered no to either question above, or do not understand the questions, you should re-read the tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users