4 replies to this topic

#1 Wiqid Juan

Wiqid Juan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 06:11 PM

I jusr recieved the new HDD that i ordered today. It is an IDE hard drive but teh only prob is that it has a serial ATA connection. Is anything wrong with using this type of drive or all teh bigger HDDS coming out these days serial ATA? I can buy an adapter at a local comp shop for 25 bucks they said it would run fine but i didnt mention to them i was putting it into a box=). Just need to know if this drive will do fine. If not thank god i have a buddy in teh market for a 120GB drive for his comp=).
DRIVE: Seagate Serial ATA150 120GB ST3120026AS 7200RPM 8MB HARD DISK DRIVE w/ Serial ata POWER ADAPTOR cable.
Thats all the info off the invoice that i recieved with my drive.
Thanks in advance for teh help.

#2 EvoxFreak

EvoxFreak

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:04 PM

Correct me if i'm wrong but a SATA Hard Drive needs a motherboard that is SATA compatible. As far as i know an Xbox's motherboard is not SATA compatible. And no not all big drives are SATA. SATA is still relatively new and the drives are a bit pricier do to the fact that the hard ware req'd is different. It's also a faster drive as far as transfer speeds go.

#3 Wiqid Juan

Wiqid Juan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:09 PM

Funny shit but the place messed up. They sent me an 80GB serial ATA drive and I ordered a 120GB IDE drive. They must have figured I would never know the difference. mad.gif I have to send it back but the damn JAP!!!!!! said he isnt paying for shiping eve though he admits it was his mistake. www.sp-computerinc.com WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! He tried to even hit me for a 15% restock fee. And something else kinda funny teh drive I originally ordered is no longer listed on thier website dry.gif

#4 thompsondrivessuck

thompsondrivessuck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:14 PM

Contact the credit card company and contest the charges. That should get him going.

#5 Wiqid Juan

Wiqid Juan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 07:15 PM

used my debit card funds already taken from bank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users