1 reply to this topic

#1 netsmithuk

netsmithuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2003 - 06:16 PM

Hi All,

I got my kids (honest) musicMixer for Christmas and immediately went online and legally bought a few new karaoke songs from xboxkaraoke.com. All seemed well, made my payment and downloaded them. Only then did I realise that the transfer software to xbox only works on XP and I have Windows 2000.

No probs, I thought as my xbox is chipped and running FileZilla for all my ftp needs smile.gif I'll just use that to transfer them.

I've found the directory in the Tdata directory, and tried copying the .krk files to various directories but whereever I put them they just don't appear in the Karaoke section when I run up MusicMixer.

Does the supplied XP software just transfer the files or do something else? I noticed on the cd that the karaoke songs are not help in .krk format but what looks like .wma and .cdg format - do they get converted?

Has anyone got any hints or tips on how to do this?

I've searched the web for a solution but don't seem to be able to find anything. Which normally means its either impossible or so stupidily simple no-one has bothered to post a solution.
I hope its the later wink.gif

Chris

#2 ...ReLLiK

...ReLLiK

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 December 2003 - 08:22 PM

1) The xboxkaraoke website encodes the file to your xbox music mixer's (xmm) code before you can download them. The Music Mixer transfer tool then checks your xbox for the right code before transferring the krk files and if it matches, extracts them correctly into a wma and cdg file. Otherwise xmm xfer tool sends a dummy file if the code is not a match. (Not completely the CORRECT technical info but an idea of what happens in layman's terms).

2) I see your problem is that you have windows 2000 and not xp. stupid MS.

Might wanna read though this forum to get some insight, or watch for future fixes. Maybe we can get it pinned with all solutions to XMM's woes!

http://forums.xbox-s...&hl=music mixer

Edited by ...ReLLiK, 29 December 2003 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users