Below is the most UP-TO-DATE list of known issues and possible solutions.
No Particular Order given.
01. Xbox Music Mixer Transfer Tool MUST be used on XP ONLY.
02. Downloaded files are in .KRK format native to XBMM Xfer tool ONLY.
03. Microphone OR Live Communicator can be used.
04. Two mic's are supported at one time. For more you can use a splitter.
05. Microphone adapter can not be used in other games for a Live Communicator.
06. XBMM can not play regular CD+G Disks.
07. Files used by XBMM are in WMA and CDG file format.
08. Files are stored locally on XBOX in /E/TDATA/4d53005a/Media/ESM/
09. MP3 + CDG files can be used by coverting MP3 file to WMA file and FTP'ing to above directory. See next Post.
10. XBMM reads ID3 Tag of WMA file for display of song name and artist.
11. CDG files with a background color do not display correctly.
12. There is a hard limit of 250 WMA+CDG files that can be used. Any more are not displayed. Aphabetically.
13. Recordings are stored in /E/TDATA/4d53005a/Recordings/Karaoke/ and consist of 3 files. DAT, WMA, and PCM. The DAT holds the name, the WMA holds the background music, and the PCM is the recorded part.
14. You can make a listenable recording by using an audio editor to combine the WMA and PCM.
15. The compression of the PCM vocals appears to be 16-bit Intel PCM, 24000Hz, Mono.
16. The XBMM DVD must be in the drive for it to load. **Update*There is a hex fix for this*Posted below**
17. XBMM can not be ran from the HDD. **Update*There is a hex fix for this*Posted below**
18. XBMM does appear to try to go online at first load. Not sure if this is for live or something else.
19. It will work from a backup copy. As long is it is in the drive.
20. A KRK file downloaded with your XBMM key will ONLY work on the XBMM with that key. **Update*Key is EEPROM-based**
21. Mega X key can be used to transfer files too...
Help continue this list...
Please DO help with any useful links for converting or such or anything else.
Please DON'T post where to get files here. This is more a problem/solution discussion.
Thanks goes to Bighurt, zenmonkey, MastaChef, fartblossom, Telemachus, Cayotic, Fofer and others.
Edited by ...ReLLiK, 28 January 2004 - 02:36 AM.