dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 December 2003 - 06:22 AM

I thought I'd start a new thread with suggestions or feature requests for DVD2Xbox, so that there's one easy-to-find place for them.

I have a couple of requests, mainly to do with the ACL system, which is already a very powerful feature, but one which can easily be made even more powerful with a couple of small additions.

• The ability to use * in the RM command (already mentioned).
  • It would be great if the program would read the ACL entry BEFORE ripping. This could then be used with a new command similar to the EXCLUDE commands in the main config file. But this way, you could exclude certain files/folders for specific games. This can already be done to some extent by using the RM command, but it would save a lot of ripping time if the program would simply exclude these files/folders rather than copy them first, then delete them.
  • The ability to manually apply ACL patches after ripping, similar to the existing PATCH method. This would help a lot for people who have already ripped a game to HDD, then found out afterwards that they need to apply some sort of patch. They could then update their ACL entries, and apply the patch without re-ripping the entire game.
  • Changing the ACL system to be able to use separate files, instead of just one ACL file. For example, there could be a folder called \acl\ where we could place all ACL files that we download or create. There would be a separate .acl file for each game. I guess it would work similar to your \Patches\ directory, but using the ACL system instead. This would make it easier for people to update DVD2Xbox with the newest ACL patches. Instead of having to edit the dvd2xbox.acl file, we could simply place a new .acl file into the \acl\ directory. I guess the filename could be the TitleID of the game, to stick with that convention.

OK, those are my main suggestions for now. I'll update when I think of more smile.gif

Keep up the great work WiSo!!

#2 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:35 PM

Great, thanks for the suggestions.

1) ok
2) seems to be a good idea if only executed for the specific game. Sometimes (with many files) its faster to copy the files and delete it afterwards. If the exclude parameters are filled each file has to be compared with the params to see if it matches and this costs time.
3) ok
4) ok with the titleId as filename. Would make it faster and easier than to scan all files.

#3 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2004 - 08:47 AM

Hey WiSo, it seems you've implemented most of my suggestions into the new 0.5.3 release. Thanks and well done on the new version!

I tested PGR2, and it managed to process the ACL without hanging, so that's good.

However, it seems the new ED and EF commands aren't working properly. Or perhaps I'm not doing something correctly. I tried adding the following code into ALL.acl, but the files and folder were not excluded. I then tried putting the code into default.acl, and it still didn't work. Am I doing it wrong?

CODE
ED|XDemos|
EF|update.xbe|
EF|updater.xbe|
EF|dashupdate.xbe|
EF|dashupdater.xbe|
EF|download.xbe|
EF|downloader.xbe|

Also, assuming that the ED command was working correctly, should subfolders work? I assume it would, so that something like the following should work, right?

CODE
ED|data\movie1|

#4 WiSo

WiSo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 January 2004 - 06:52 PM

Unfortunately this commands weren't implemented right, they just moved from the old style huh.gif
This means the old syntax is still valid: ED|xdemos,blink|.
Full paths won't work and I'am not sure if I should implement them because this would make the copy routines much more complicated and also slower.
I'll check the syntax again and implement following ED commands in the next release.

Update: forget the post, I think full paths could be done with less effort and putting ED and EF in one command would also save time.

Edited by WiSo, 12 January 2004 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users