• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Nestor

Nestor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:45 AM

I've been trying to set the IP address of my xbox so that I can backup the original harddisk to my PC for many times. Using Slayer's Auto Installer 2.5, I tried to set the IP address but the IP always changes back to what it was originally (192.168.1.200) after I reboot the box. I suppose that because I didn't save after the changes, but I'm unable to locate a "Save" option at the bottom of "system settings" ???

How do I save my changes? Is this because I'm running Evox on CD instead of the harddisk?

I've my chip modded with ALX2+ running Executor2 bios, if I'm to install Evox, does it overwrite the MS dashboard, or does it load Evox only when I'm running the mod chip and the original dash when I run the original chip?

#2 mace

mace

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:37 AM

Yeah it's trying to write the ip address in the config file evox.ini, but it can't because cd's are read-only.

#3 Nestor

Nestor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:51 AM

In that case I'll have to install Evox from the cd to the harddisk before I can do any backup?

Will that overwrite the original dashboard? If it does, how can i do a backup of the original dash?

#4 wireless g

wireless g

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:00 AM

make a evox cd with your network settings in the evox.ini

#5 Nestor

Nestor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:14 AM

Meaning this are the things I should do....

1. Get a copy of Slayer's Auto Installer onto PC and configure its .ini file to proper network settings

2. Burn the ISO into a cdr

3. Then only can i do the networking from xbox to PC so that I can backup the original dash

Since there's no way I can do any network configuration with Evox on CD, and that I want to backup the original dash without any installation of Evox, this the only thing I can do....please correct me if i'm wrong...

#6 wireless g

wireless g

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:33 AM

Meaning this are the things u should do....

1.read the this http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=18&t=105495

2. Get a copy of Slayer's Auto Installer or any dash u can get onto PC and configure its .ini file to proper network settings = yes

3. Burn the ISO into a cdr <if your cd-rom reads them or cd-rw , dvd-r dvd-rw

4. Then only can i do the networking from xbox to PC so that I can backup the original dash

yes that what u have 2 do

#7 Nestor

Nestor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 07:00 AM

I figured I'll just remove the original harddisk without doing anything to it.... buy a new 120G harddisk, install it and use Slayer's Installer to format the harddisk and install everything there.... then i'll not have to worry about FTPing at all

If anything happens at least the original harddisk is still left untouched.....

noob jester.gif

#8 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 December 2003 - 12:39 PM

Ummm... have you tried changing the IP address of your PC instead? In this case, 192.168.1.1 with a subnet mask 255.255.255.0 should do. Gateway won't matter in this case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users