• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:30 PM

Hi, I've been on this site for three days now and have gone from a novice to installing EvolutionX and Config Magic and replacing my eeprom after a ban. The initial tutorial I followed http://www.copying-x...-x-tutorial.php seemed to goof and prevented the Xbox starting up with the modchip swithced off, red flashing light error, because it told me to replace the default "xboxdash.xbe" file. I figured out the problem, swapped back in the original "xboxdash.xbe" file and it boots up now fine in modded and unmodded modes.

My problem is I now cannot connect to xbox live at all. The connect status screen says:
"Cables connected, IP settings configured, DNS resolved" but then "Xbox live not found". Anyone guess maybe why? I followed the excellent tutorial on this site over swapping out an eeprom with Config Magic, am nearly there but can't get over this final hurdle.

#2 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 January 2004 - 11:56 PM

Check your XYZ codes and post them. Somebody might be able to help you. Also, try to give full details about your setup, including your router/PC/ISP etc.

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:39 AM

Get a new EEPROM.

#4 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Chaps, I'm a novice but I'm determined to beat MS on this. I never wanted to pirate games, just to import games to the UK that I couldn't buy here and for that they ban me.

Answers: This is a replacement eeprom I purchased yesterday. XYZ info is:

--------

X: 0000 - 000B
Y: 00C2 - 03E0
Z: 0000 - 0000

EvolutionX is installed on the C drive.

UK PAL machine. (I"m in the UK)

Eeprom purchased was also PAL.

When I used ConfigMagic the new video and XBE region was given as "PAL region 1" whereas my previous region had been "PAL region 4" so I edited the 1 to a 4 in ConfigMagic.

Router is a Netgear DG824M.

PC is a Mac G4 but I run Virtual PC.

I have a dynamic IP from my ISP. Configuration in Xbox is set to automatic.

Before the eeprom install my IP address was 192.168.0.7 but after it changed to 192.168.0.8

Subnet Mask and Gateway figures are unchanged.

DNS servers is set to automatic.

I have entered no advanced settings, all fields are blank.

Modchip is an Xecutor 2 lite.

When I rebooted the machine with the new eeprom all my other settings (sound, video etc.) had reverted back to the default.

There's no link to my gamertag, I have to try an account recovery but it always says, could not connect to xbox live.

-------

Sorry about the length but I hope that's helpful. I can supply more if you need. From what I've read I see I have a problem with the 00C2 Y code and I'm guessing it doesn't like the "PAL region" number change I made? Could this be it and can I fix it?

Many many thanks, if your intention is to get as many people as possible bypassing the ban you're succeeding - cheers, Edwin.

#5 FawnTheGuyver

FawnTheGuyver

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:Animes,<br />My Work,<br />Internet ;<br />Xbox;<br />Live;<br />Gamecube;<br />DreamCast<br />Moding Xbox

Posted 02 January 2004 - 12:54 PM

Just a stupid question
did you have locked you HDD ?
and did you have try to get imported games to play with or over you mod or are you just changeing you REGION in configmagic and then you turn of you mod ? ( after locking the HDD again )
if you dont get a YOU HAVE MOD HARD SOFTWARE you are still ok then just phone the support

Edited by FawnTheGuyver, 02 January 2004 - 12:55 PM.

#6 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:05 PM

Hi Fawn, If I understand your question, I haven't tried to play any games yet since changing the eeprom. As I can't connect to Xbox Live anyway, there doesn't seem much point. I'm not getting any error along the lines of YOU HAVE MOD HARD SOFTWARE so hopefully I'm still O.K. I did unlock the HDD through ConfigMagic to update the eeprom but relocked it again following the great tutorial on this site.

#7 Antebios

Antebios

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 02:26 PM

SAME HERE! I flashed with a NEW eeprom, and so when I try to do an Account Recovery it DO NOT get the hardware/software notice, but I get one that says it could not find the XBox Live service. I too have a router and connect via DHCP.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

I flash back my original eeprom and I get the original software/hardware modification error.

What gives?

#8 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:29 PM

I'd be surprised if its anything to do with DHCP router issues as everything was fine before the ban. The 00C2 code I'm getting tells me there's a configuration problem and the only thing I can think of is that the Eeprom I bought won't work on a UK PAL machine?

Incidentally, I reloaded the new eeprom all over again through ConfigMagic but this time did not change the XBE region, left it on "PAL Region 1" and got the same 00C2 error in the Y of my XYZ codes. It's like the manual change I'm doing in ConfigMagic to Region 4 isn't being recognized. And how can you have a PAL region 1? Region 1 is NTSC isn't it?

#9 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:37 PM

I've just reinstalled my original banned eeprom and I can connect to Xbox live no problem at which point, of course, it tells me I'm banned and the XYZ codes confirm that. So it seems like the process I've been following is fine as the Xbox works flawlessly. The eeprom I bought must have been no good for a UK machine. So does anyone know what the score is with eeproms from different regions? Has anyone here managed to install a region 1 (NTSC or PAL (if the latter exist)) eeprom on a (UK) region 4 machine?

If not, anyone email me where I can try to find a UK compatible eeprom? Many thanks.

#10 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:29 AM

Has anyone here managed to install a region 1 (NTSC or PAL (if the latter exist)) eeprom on a (UK) region 4 machine?

Of course. Reading the tutorial for Configmagic (mine), you can change the region of the EEPROM.

If not, anyone email me where I can try to find a UK compatible eeprom? Many thanks.

NO.

#11 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:31 PM

Shanafan, I must have read that tutorial 20 times. I've changed the XBE region on the fly in configmagic but I still get the Y error in the XYZ codes. That tutorial is excellent by the way.

I bought the eeprom from someone on the forum here who seemed to get good feedback. However I'm now almost certain the eeprom is faulty. There's a thread here http://forums.xbox-s...36375&hl=eeprom with people getting exactly the same problem and XYZ 00C2 error code as myself. They all found their problem was down to a faulty eeprom.

I've emailed everyone in that thread and asked who sold them the faulty eeprom and whether they ever got a working replacement. I'll let you know the answers so if anything we can warn people.

Which now means I've got to find someone else to sell me a working one.

#12 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:09 PM

I'm back on Live. Here's the conclusion. The eeprom was faulty, but of course as a newbie I had no way of telling, the guy I purchased it from sent me a replacement as soon as he knew I was convinced that was the problem and it worked straightaway.

Does this mean an 00C2 error code will often tell you you have a faulty eeprom providing you've checked your Video XBE region is accurate? Because if so that's really invaluble for people selling and buying them.

#13 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:11 PM

It's not a "faulty" EEPROM.. it's a banned one. That is why Xbox Live wasn't working.

Xbox-Scene is aware of the problems with some sellers selling the same EEPROM to different customers, and is trying to help stop the issue.

#14 edwinbradford

edwinbradford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:12 PM

Thanks Shanafan, you're doing a tremendous job. I'm sure you're aware who I bought mine from and that it was entirely reputable, happy ending for all.

#15 Hyper_Eye

Hyper_Eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 07:47 PM

I don't think these are banned EEPROM's. I purchased an EEPROM from someone and got banned. So I purchased another one from the same seller and I got the error that is described above. It is a completely different error and in no way appears to be a ban. There are quite a few threads here with people experiencing the same issue. When I e-mailed the guy I purchased the EEPROM from about it he sent me another EEPROM and asked me to e-mail him the EEPROM that didn't work (which tells me that he erases them after he sells them.) He wanted me to send him the EEPROM back so he could flash his box with it and see if he gets the same error. The new EEPROM he sent me worked great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users