pennst26

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:11 AM

I had installed gen2 mod long ago (enigmah) , but since it could not be flashed, I used the tutorial here for TSOP flashing and removing gen2 mod. Everything worked fine. Added large HD a month ago, and went smooth as well.

About 1 week ago when I tried powering it up, it Fragged sad.gif I then unplugged the power cord and TV out as well as network cable, and moved to another TV, and it worked again. Awhile later it froze up while loading a game, so I Powered DN, and it fragged again after. I tapped the top of it, and it worked.

Gradually this problem had gotten worse, and after reading on here, I cleaned the board with a cotton swab and alcohol. Now it Frags everytime sad.gif

1: If it is a bad Trace, why did it happen gradually? And what is the best way to fix it?

2: If I cannot repair it, can I just replace MB? Where to buy, and How much usually ?

3: If I install MOD will it allow XboX to boot? Don't feel like wasting $40 on a mod if not for sure.

Any advice is definately appreciated.

#2 ltoolio

ltoolio

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:22 AM

Out of curiousity, is

This

what is happening to you when it doesn't work? Granted, it is a different modding method, but I'm wondering if we are having the same issue.

#3 pennst26

pennst26

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:30 AM

Similar, but mine Flases Green once, powers down, backon a little longer, and one more cycle before returning with LED Flashing Green and Red. Also the box is unusable in this state.

Curious, will it boot from CD if I manually eject, and load EvoX for example? Then play from HD that way?

#4 pennst26

pennst26

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:02 PM

Have a line on new Mobo, will this fix my problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users