• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 styler_007

styler_007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 05:57 AM

I recall seeing a posting *somewhere* about best compression in backing up a DVD Movie to the HDD. Could someone possibly point me in the right direction?

scuba :::igor:::

#2 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:08 AM

certainly can... ..

use a program called DVD dycrypter... (however u spell it)..

that rips the entire movie onto ur hard drive..

then use

DVD 2 ONE

and that compresses it.. and gets rid of menu's if u want tongue.gif...

These programs are either FREEWARE.. or SHAREWARE.. (but can still be used)!!!.. so go ahead.. download them.. .no idea from where.. but go to google and find their site.. coz it will be a legal site!..

cheers..
FIRE..

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:02 AM

www.dvddecrypter.com and www.dvdshrink.org. I prefer DVD Shrink to DVD2ONE because of the latest options that they have added to DVD Shrink (namely a deep analysis feature to improve the quality). DVD Shrink will remove the built in copy protection, rip, compress, ect. but it won't burn to disc. So you will have to use a full version of Nero or Recordnow Max to access the VIDEO_TS folder (the destination folder where your DVD Shrink project will go) and burn it to disc.

#4 realjones

realjones

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 01:00 PM

I use DVD decrypter when the DVD will fit on one DVD (ie the original is <4.6GB) and DVD shrink for the larger DVD's. I find DVDshrink to be very easy to use and it has a nice graphical interface.

#5 inferno19

inferno19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 04:44 PM

I use DVDShrink for DVDs larger than 4.6GB, and burn those with Nero 6.
For DVDs that will fit on a blank with no compression, I use DVDXCopy...pretty simple program, but definitely works great. I recommend it highly.

#6 T0kEnHeRb

T0kEnHeRb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:32 AM

I've been using DVD Decrypter, DVD2ONE, and Nero 5 to bun my DVD videos. The movies work fine on my console DVD player but they won't even load on my xbox. EvoX just says "unknown" and DVD-X won't load them. XBMP/C won't browse the disk either, it just shows up blank. Any ideas?

#7 Vric

Vric

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:45 AM

www.dvdrhelp.com have everything you need to know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users