5 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky388

Rocky388

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:28 AM

well...i have a few play station games (the original playstation) and i read on here that there are ps emulators...

would there be any reason to keep the original games? it's not like i can get the emulator and run the games off my xbox right?

#2 Zero

Zero

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:29 AM

Yes you can put the games on your xbox and run them from there.

#3 Rocky388

Rocky388

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (Zero @ Jan 2 2004, 03:29 AM)
Yes you can put the games on your xbox and run them from there.

no i mean without storing the games on the hard drive. Would there be any way i could play them off the orginal discs? if not that theres really no reason for me to keep them.

#4 Rileq

Rileq

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox mods... and my family.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2004 - 07:20 AM

Not at the moment, Rocky. Apparently XPort has said that reading the XA on the PSX discs is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too slow to be playable. You need to bin/iso them, and store them on the HD, or set up a share through your network.

#5 Rocky388

Rocky388

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Rileq @ Jan 2 2004, 04:20 AM)
Not at the moment, Rocky. Apparently XPort has said that reading the XA on the PSX discs is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too slow to be playable. You need to bin/iso them, and store them on the HD, or set up a share through your network.

gotcha. Do you think that this would be something that might come out in the future? Or it's like emulating ps2/gc/dc games...it'll just be too slow even if it is possible?

#6 JC 2K3

JC 2K3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 02 January 2004 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (Rocky388 @ Jan 2 2004, 08:28 AM)
well...i have a few play station games (the original playstation) and i read on here that there are ps emulators...

would there be any reason to keep the original games? it's not like i can get the emulator and run the games off my xbox right?

Just make bin/cue images out of them and if you want to in the future you can just burn the games to cdrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users