11 replies to this topic

#1 moose_4evr

moose_4evr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 10:50 PM

Can someone please elaborate on the action scripts that are used in Evox? There is no documentation on the different commands that are available. Trial and error are all well and good, but I would like to know some of the available commands rather then trying random words and syntax. This may actually be covered in a FAQ somewhere, but I can't find it if it is. Thanks for your help.

Below are examples of the action scripts in which I speak. These are the only ones that I have found:

These are custom scripts, they have keywords that trigger in sequence, the following are from custom evox.ini files that I have found.

[Action_10]

LogFile = "f:\lock.log"
Info "This function will lock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now lock your XBOX harddisk and will be able"
Warning "to boot from an original XBOX bios"
hddlockenable

[Action_11]

LogFile = "f:\unlock.log"
Info "This function will unlock your XBOX Harddisk"
Warning "You will now unlock your XBOX harddisk and will not be able"
Warning "to boot from an original XBOX bios"
hddlockdisable

[Action_52]

Info "INST/UPG EvoX on Any HD"
Warning "Make sure you have a full HD backup!"
Progress "Inst/Upgrading EvoX..."
copy "e:\udata\41000d\000000000\temp\" "c:\"

Evox internal action scripts, fairly self explanatory:

ID_Settings
ID_Flash_Bios
ID_Backup
ID_Skins
ID_Power_Off
ID_Full_Reboot
ID_Quick_Reboot
ID_MS_Dash
ID_trainer
ID_Launch_DVD

The following is a list of commands that can be triggered in an action script, these are the only ones that I have actually tried:

Scripts with parameters:

LogFile = "{filename}" - Saves actions of script to a log file.
Warning "{Warning Message}" - Warns the user with a yes/no option.
Progress "{Progress Message}" - Shows a progress bar of the script actions (used with copy, etc.)
Info = "{Information Message}" - Gives a line of text to the user.
Copy "{Copy from location}" "{Copy to location} - Copys files from one spot to another.
Rename "{File name and path to rename}" "{New name of file}" - Renames a file.
ConfigSector "{PathFileName}" - The PathFileName file is what tells evox how the drive is to be formated (Usually called disk.bin). It is created when you do the backup command from evox. It is used with format command.
Flashbios "{Path and FileName of BIOS file}"

Scripts without parameters:

hddlockenable - Enables HDD Lock.
hddlockdisable - Disables HDD Lock.
Format C: - Formats the C partition
Format E: - Formats the E partition
Format F: - Formats the F partition
Format G: - Formats the G partition
Format X: - Formats the X partition
Format Y: - Formats the Y partition
Format Z: - Formats the Z partition

Action Scripts are called by the following syntax:

Item "{Menu Item Text}",@211 - This will engage [Action_11] script.

Line item scripts are called after an item in your menu, the syntax is:
Item "NAME","PATH",ID_CMD,"PARAMETER"

ID_CDM's are as follows:
ID_Reg_NA - force region to NTSC US for that XBE/
ID_Reg_J - force region to NTSC-J for that XBE
ID_Reg_ROW - force region to PAL for that XBE
ID_No_D_Mount - Loads the XBE from the location, but uses all supporting files from the game disk. Useful for trainers of big games that you don't want to load onto your hard drive.
ID_SwapStick - Swaps Movement and Button Press???
ID_SwapStick_Move - Swaps only Movement???
ID_SwapStick_Press - Swaps only Button Press???

Order of commands in a script:
A specific format must be used when creating an Action Script, the first command of the script must be a 'warning' or an 'info' or else Evox will generate an error and the script will terminate.

Example:
[Action_20]
Format C:

Will not work, but

[Action_20]
Info = “Formatting C Drive…”
Format C:

Would work

If anyone has any other action scripts, please add to this list, it would be great to find out more of the available commands.

*EDIT* Added new scripts to list, thanks flattspott.
*EDIT* Added some line item scripts, thanks morpheous1777/heinrich/Vidgms4me
*EDIT* Added some more information, thanks again flattspott. Also added formatting information.

Edited by moose_4evr, 04 January 2004 - 10:18 AM.

#2 mikejf

mikejf

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 12:18 AM

I'm interested in this too.
I know about the COPY command but I'd like a RENAME and DELETE file command too.

Maybe someone with a Slayers evox.ini file could see if more commands are being used in it.

Edited by mikejf, 03 January 2004 - 12:20 AM.

#3 spare72

spare72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:12 AM

I do not have any action scripts to offer but I did not use slayers boot disk insted I am installing everything manually

In doing so I loaded boxplorer and this file manager is awesome. Lets you delete and I think rename folders. I am pretty sure you know about this but I thought I would post anyway

#4 moose_4evr

moose_4evr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 01:42 AM

spare72:
Action scripts are quite different from Boxplorer (hope I understood your post correctly), action scripts are run from within Evox and are a part of the evox.xbe code. They are not another xbe program.

I've been trying to track down a copy of Slayers so that I could take a look at the evox.ini (I figured it has a few custom scripts inside). It would be cool if someone could take a peek at it and post anything interesting that you find within. The action scripts are most likely located at the bottom of the file, if indeed there are any.

Additionally, I have heard that a rename function does exist, though I have not tried it, I will do so tonight, I'm assuming that the syntax is:

Rename "{File to rename}" "{Name to rename to}"

Although, like I said, I have yet to try it, I'll let you all know.

Edited by moose_4evr, 03 January 2004 - 01:51 AM.

#5 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 January 2004 - 02:13 AM

Don't forget about-

--------
ConfigSector "PathFileName"
format c:
format e:
#format f:
format x:
format y:
format z:
--------
flashbios "PathFileName"
-------

#6 moose_4evr

moose_4evr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:40 AM

After some trial and error, the rename function is as I said it was:

Rename "{File name and path to rename}" "New name of file"

I also tackled the delete command, delete, clear, remove, erase, and eradicate :-) all do nothing. If anyone knows the delete command of if there even is one, it would be helpful.

Thanks for the added script flattspott, I was familiar with the formats, but what does the ConfigSector do? I plugged it in and got no reaction...

#7 morpheous1777

morpheous1777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modification, Duh !!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:59 AM

check this out

http://forums.xbox-s...=16&t=78996&hl=

#8 moose_4evr

moose_4evr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:08 AM

Thanks for the link, there were a few helpful bits of info in the thread. Unfortunately, the FAQ though saying it will cover action scripting, does not... Here are a few items that I was able to glean however:

heinrich writes:
Another "known" command for evox.ini is the ID_No_D_Mount command. This can be used if you have a "trained" or "cracked" default.xbe for a game, but still want to play the game off the dvd. An example here would be if you have a trained brute force default.xbe, but because of the large size, dont want the entire game on the hard drive, you coudl just do:
CODE
Item "Trained Brute Force","e:\trainers\brute force\default.xbe",ID_No_D_Mount

this would then lauch "e:\trainers\brute force\default.xbe" but wouldnt mount "e:\trainers\brute force" as the D drive, and as such, the rest of the game will play off the dvd.
Very handy for large games.

This is kind of action scripting, and is certainly useful information that I had not known about. I'll add it to the post, as well as a few other line item actions.

He also says:
Are there deeper commands you can use other than copy and format? What about rename, delete etc? Anyone know the syntax for other such commands?

Those can be put in action scripts, which vidgms4me is working on a guide for that. (He never added these to the guide)

I was suposed to be working on some of the new stuff for evox 3921, but got busy, so I'm just starting now.

Which leads me to believe that there just may be some other scripts.... or some coming soon. We can only hope. Yet... that specific post refers to the delete command, I still don't know what it is, anyone have any ideas?

Edited by moose_4evr, 03 January 2004 - 10:16 AM.

#9 flattspott

flattspott

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 January 2004 - 04:51 PM

The ConfigSector part is like so
ConfigSector "c:backupdisk.bin"
The disk.bin file is what tells evox how the drive is to be formated. It is created when you do the backup command from evox. It is used with format

Edited by flattspott, 03 January 2004 - 04:52 PM.

#10 moose_4evr

moose_4evr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 10:08 PM

Excellent, thanks for the clarification on the ConfigSector flattspott. By the way, I was doing a bit more testing last night, and I found out that a specific format must be used when creating an Action Script. The first command of the script must be a 'warning' or an 'info' or Evox will generate an error and the script will terminate if you do not construct it properly. Just something to consider when making your own. I�m assuming that this is set up so that you don�t accidentally format your hard drive and flash your bios :-)

*EDIT* ?

Edited by moose_4evr, 04 January 2004 - 10:12 AM.

#11 moose_4evr

moose_4evr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:23 AM

I’m looking to get the final word (maybe from a dev smile.gif or some other equally knowledgeable person) weather or not I have everything covered about Action Scripting. I think we’ve scrounged up all the publicly available information there is, but it would be nice to know officially if additional script commands exist or are planed for future releases.

#12 tehbax

tehbax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 12:49 AM

So is there a delete command? I still haven't found out..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users