6 replies to this topic

#1 00XeRo

00XeRo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 01:34 AM

Well I bought final fantasy 7 from someone...
I thought it was the PC version but it turned out to be the playstation version.

He said he would take it back but I figured I'd just try installing it on my XBox.

My problem:
In pcsxbox, I go to select game, then at the config it goes to on the next screen, I hit the B button to laod the game, and it stays at the laoding screen. The music still plays but it won't load. I found that bios too and put it in the bios dir.

So I'll explain how I'm getting the BIN file.
1: Put ff7 disc1 in my cdrom drive...
2: Load up WinISO and burn an iso image...
3: In WinISO convert the iso image to a bin image...(pcsxbox FAQs reccommends bin over iso)
4: FTP the bin image and CUE sheet to the pcsxcds folder on my xbox.

Am I following this process correctly? Is there a better program I should be using?

If this has been asked before...or several times before...please gently let me know. I attempted a search but yeilded unsuccessful results.

tia

#2 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 January 2004 - 01:39 AM

I just use Blindwrite or CDRWin to make a BIN/CUE image directly from the CD. Seems to work just fine.

#3 Ces2k3

Ces2k3

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:37 AM

word man, cdrwin is the best imo

#4 Bender_Unit_1

Bender_Unit_1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:04 AM

CD-RWin has a 1X cap if you're using the Demo. That would be awful - like its UI. Alcohol 120% is outstanding, and DDump Frontend worked great for me too. However, know that DDump Frontend requires a specific ATAPI is used (it's on their site).

-Bender

Edited by Bender_Unit_1, 04 January 2004 - 05:05 AM.

#5 Sir Auros

Sir Auros

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 05:05 AM

If you were looking for the PC version of the game to start with...why not use one of the Playstation1 emulators available for the PC? There are several out there that run that game at full speed on your PC (assuming you have a decent enough machine) instead of running into the speed issues on one of the Xbox ports.

#6 00XeRo

00XeRo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:32 PM

Thankyou for the help smile.gif

I finally made a working copy and transferred it over to my Xbox. From what I can tell so far it works.

And the reason I want it on my Xbox, is space issues on my PC, and I prefer to play it from the couch smile.gif
If I run into problems though, I'll try and move it back to my PC and get a psx emu.

#7 chilin_dude

chilin_dude

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (00XeRo @ Jan 5 2004, 02:32 PM)
Thankyou for the help smile.gif

I finally made a working copy and transferred it over to my Xbox. From what I can tell so far it works.

And the reason I want it on my Xbox, is space issues on my PC, and I prefer to play it from the couch smile.gif
If I run into problems though, I'll try and move it back to my PC and get a psx emu.

You don't understand, on the pc emulators you run the game off the playstation disk. Put in your cd drive and select it from the emulator!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users