#1 Krater

Krater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 06:20 AM

Hi
If I want to insert a new shape (a cube, for example) in the Music Copy style submenu of the tHc dash, in which part of which file should I do it?
Thanks,

Krater

Edited by Krater, 04 January 2004 - 06:30 AM.

#2 timbo_1000

timbo_1000

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 08:01 AM

Each shape is a file in it's own right !

These files are .xm files and are a compiled version of directx model files.

You can create them with any of the popular 3D modeling tools such as 3Dstudio or Lightwave and then convert them to .xm format with something like XmConvertor.

Once you got the .xm files exactly right then you just need to insert those new files into the relevant xip file with Winxip and they will then be available for the scripting language to access.

Then you need to understand exactly how the scripting language works so that you can re-write the code to display your new objects in the right place , at the right size , with the right textures , with the right rotations etc etc etc etc ................

#3 Krater

Krater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 01:10 PM

That's true for more complicated shapes (meshes). But I want to do something simpler: a cube.
The language is derived from VRML, so describing a cube in VRML is very simple, and you don't need .xm files, it't plain text and can be inserted inside a .xap file.
What I was asking for is what you tell in the last paragraph of your answer, the right place: the file (I tried default.xip/submenu3.xap with no luck) and the place inside the file (maybe I tried the right file wrong locations inside the file).
Thanks,

Krater

#4 Krater

Krater

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:51 AM

It wasn't that hard, I had an error with the texture, and when the dash doesn't find a texture, it renders it invisible.
In fact, it seems that you can put it where you want, but there are some kind of layers, so that if you put it in the same coordinates, sometimes it will appear behind the menu and others not.
The correct file seems to be music_copy3.xip/default2.xap
Regards,

Krater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users