980 replies to this topic

#811 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:49 AM

Hmm... I have a question. I am running a modded 1.4 xbox, with the retail hard-drive, and have never logged onto Xbox Live while the modchip was on. I must not be banned since my codes don't resemble it. I recently purchased a new eeprom to try and solve my Xbox Live problems but they are the same. I have tried the Enigmah Video Mode Switcher but to no avail. On the new eeprom, as well as the old, I never messed with the settings of the eeprom, region settings, or modifyed any other parts on the xbox. I'm stumped... hmm. I'm running over a router but that doesn't seem to be a problem as it use to work in the past. Shortly after adding the modchip I reformatted the retail drive, forgetting to backup my xbox live account, so I am attempting to try the Recovery Option when I recieve the error. My router is giving me a "Network Error" on Xbox Live Not Found and directly too my modem won't get very far because I know my ip but it says "DNS not found" for my area. I tried all the Brighthouse Networks for Tampa Bay Area, Florida DNS I could find and none worked on the direct hook up. Here are my codes:
W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 00C2 - 03E0
Z: 0000 - 0000
L: 0 ms (0 ms) P: 0 / 0
-------
MT: 1 (0015 - 00F0)
IC: 1 (0015 - 00F0)
NT: 0

Also, I live in the us with a US 1.4 xbox just to clarify again. I have made sure the eeprom file values match my region and they do. It has worked in the past but hasnt connected fully since reformating the retail hard drive. I have never logged onto live with it chipped as I reformated pretty much immediatly after chipping so I have no time to make the mistake. It worked before perfectly, just now I get the error :-/. Hope someone knows. I also hope I don't need a new HDD and eeprom file again. I don't see a reason for a new eeprom as I have never been back on live yet with this new one. I don't see a reason for a new HDD either..I hope at least. Any help would be great, I've been rolling through loads of posts and scowering the site... I'm clueless. Thanks guys.

#812 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:49 AM

from what i know reformatting the hdd incorrectly can give you the c2 error what did you use to do it, what process what program. On the first page of this thread there is a way given to explain how a guy reformatted his hdd and got it to work read it and give it a try. Form what it sounds like it has to be your hdd, when you reformatted you might not have done it completely right.

#813 Scarpa_SD

Scarpa_SD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:27 PM

I only changed the HDD and the DVD rom drive. I changed the HDD back but still no go. My feind has my DVD rom drive, do you think that the DVD rom drive is making the hardware error?

#814 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 23 2005, 04:00 AM)
from what i know reformatting the hdd incorrectly can give you the c2 error what did you use to do it, what process what program. On the first page of this thread there is a way given to explain how a guy reformatted his hdd and got it to work read it and give it a try. Form what it sounds like it has to be your hdd, when you reformatted you might not have done it completely right.

View Post

Hmm.. that's a good possibility I assume. I did it through the EvoX cd. Is this a no-go as far as formatting the hard drive? I'm wondering is their a way to fix without re-formatting? I have games on the harddrive I would like to keep but I can re-download if needed. I have the saves.

#815 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:37 PM

Hmm.. that's a good possibility I assume. I did it through the EvoX cd. Is this a no-go as far as formatting the hard drive? I'm wondering is their a way to fix without re-formatting? I have games on the harddrive I would like to keep but I can re-download if needed. I have the saves.

As far as i know the only way is to reformat, what chip do you have? you can just ftp all your stuff over to your comp then reformat and ftp it back. Its really easy if you have an ftp set up and enopugh room on your comp.

I only changed the HDD and the DVD rom drive. I changed the HDD back but still no go. My feind has my DVD rom drive, do you think that the DVD rom drive is making the hardware error?

I have seen the dvd rom make that error. Im not sure how to fix it though, try geting your old dvd rom back and try that, or maybe someone else can help you with the dvd rom.

#816 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Jun 23 2005, 01:48 PM)
As far as i know the only way is to reformat, what chip do you have? you can just ftp all your stuff over to your comp then reformat and ftp it back. Its really easy if you have an ftp set up and enopugh room on your comp.
I have seen the dvd rom make that error. Im not sure how to fix it though, try geting your old dvd rom back and try that, or maybe someone else can help you with the dvd rom.

View Post

Hmm...I have a Spider Solderless 1.1 Chip. I can simply ftp all info from C and E to my computer and FTP it back over after the re-format and overwrite the old files? Also, are you saying to try and reformat again now that I know all is well with the eeprom and such, from the EvoX disc? If so which options do you prefer exactly, that you think I should do to re-format my hardrive? Without the old long method if possible. I think the EvoX re-format should work. Thanks

#817 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

hhmm, the cd should have worked in the first place. when you reformat it should wipe everything off your hdd. And when you ftp the stuff back it will be just as it was before, but hopefully without the error. I personally have an xenium chip and I used the operating system to upgrade my hdd, it formatted, and transfered all my old files from my old hdd to my new one, Thats why im not so sure how to reformat it, incorrectly. Lets just try the ftping your stuff out then reformatting with the evox cd and then puting your stuff back on. If either lord vader or lord magnus could help you with the best way i'm sure that either or both know the best way.

#818 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:09 PM

I just reformatted using the EvoX cd. After the format I have the identical error as before. Instead of adding evox/MS dash should I install it back to factory alone and get xbox live running, then install evox onto it? I'm thinking maybe that will work?

EDIT: I used the EvoX cd to restore my hardrive to factory. It still gives the exact same codes and cannot connect. Are there any other programs I should try burning for the xbox or something to re-format it's hardrive the proper way if EvoX is not working? Or one that will reformat and lock it right I suppose.

Edited by Inforne Complex, 23 June 2005 - 11:23 PM.

#819 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

as far as i know the evox cd should reformat it correctly, unless the hdd is messed up it should work.

#820 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:47 PM

It has been formatted correctly, and I even updated to the Evo M8 bios. I have no idea what is causing this as I don't run into the errors all other have had. I think this is something that Vader or Magnus will need to take a look at.

#821 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

I agree, if you are running the retail keranl with a stock hdd, and it still gives you the error I dont see what can be the problem,

#822 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:35 AM

Hmm.. I guess we are waiting for someone like Magnus or Vader who has more knoweldge of this to help out.

#823 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:05 PM

Hmmm.. I just got off the phone with MS Tech Support. They took me all the way to the supervisor and he said the service is acting like I am not online and can't reach MS, yet the other part of the codes.. the IC and MT and all, show that I am online and am connecting. He says the codes contradict themselves and the only way he has ever seen any like this are on modified boxes. I told him mine wasn't and acted stupid of course but he said my codes could be the result of getting the "modified" error and trying to switch things up on the console to fix what gave me the code to begin with. By then though, my xbox is no longer gonna be at risk of banning so I don't get the code but it is still logged as being banned on the Xbox Live server so it won't let me on. This was his only guess but I know he is wrong and just doesn't want to tell me how to fix the eeprom or what is wrong because he wants to believe I don't have it modded. I also learned that he told me, after I told him I had heard the C2 code could mean a hardware mismatch, that the people on the forums were pretty much right about that. Good call there. He did tell me though they recently an even newer banning method has been instituted so that, any xbox that is banned will require you to get an entirely new box. Apparently he says it blocks the ENTIRE xbox and all parts. Take that for what it's worth. I am back to square one on the my codes though. I know I must be really close to fixing it... I just don't know how I need to fix it to get back on Live. If any of you know anything please let me know.

#824 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:51 AM

Hi mate, I got your message.

Since you have the c2 code, there are specific procedures you can follow. Sidewinder already mentioned all of them.

Reformat but don't install Live, just go to complete stock. Slayer's disk should do the job perfectly fine.

Also, even though you said your eeprom is flashed correclty, try reflashing it.
And just to test things out, if you still can get ahold to that DVD drive, put it in and see what happens.

Like you were told, c2 is a hardware mismatch... so, going back to what you had could be a good choice.

Another thing... and I think this is your most viable solution, would be using a different eeprom, since it's been widely seen on this forums that some eeproms will just not work with certain boxes.

Sorry I couldn't help much after all. If I was in your shoes, I'd try to put back my DVD drive and see what happens, if I get the same code, definitely try a new eeprom, and for that Zodiiak is the man to see at the Buy & Sell forum.

Good luck.

#825 Inforne Complex

Inforne Complex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(Lord Magnus @ Jun 25 2005, 09:02 PM)
Hi mate, I got your message.

Since you have the c2 code, there are specific procedures you can follow. Sidewinder already mentioned all of them.

Reformat but don't install Live, just go to complete stock. Slayer's disk should do the job perfectly fine.

Also, even though you said your eeprom is flashed correclty, try reflashing it.
And just to test things out, if you still can get ahold to that DVD drive, put it in and see what happens.

Like you were told, c2 is a hardware mismatch... so, going back to what you had could be a good choice.

Another thing... and I think this is your most viable solution, would be using a different eeprom, since it's been widely seen on this forums that some eeproms will just not work with certain boxes.

Sorry I couldn't help much after all. If I was in your shoes, I'd try to put back my DVD drive and see what happens, if I get the same code, definitely try a new eeprom, and for that Zodiiak is the man to see at the Buy & Sell forum.

Good luck.

View Post

What dvd drive do you mean? I have the orignial one in it right now. I also got my newest eeprom from Zodiiak already so it should be working...hmm. How can I re-install it back to retail without live? Even on retail mine comes with Live already on it. Is there anything you know of I can try or is it possible the eeprom I got was bad and I will need to get another from Zodiiak?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users