26 replies to this topic

#1 spicymeatball911

spicymeatball911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:20 AM

Well all these case mods are so bueatiful on this site. Some of em have so many LEDs and fans, they don't look human at all.

Anyways, I want to do something different with my box. I want to have some meaning in my xbox case mod, a little nostalagia. Thats why I'm gonna paint mine with original Nintendo Entertainment System colors and get an NES Custom Jewel. ITs kind of funny, I have all the original xbox stuff, 4 official controllers, 1 official DVD kit, 1 official component video, but with help of xbit, I won't have any games (they're all backed up of course smile.gif). Anyways, kinda piss me off how first PS1 then PS2 and Xbox killed good ol nintendo, and sega. The coup de grace is that its MS, come on, hehe. First I wanted to do genesis but the I couldn't do much with the colors, so I'm doing Nintendo Entertainment system. I especially like the entertainment sytem part, cause thats what modded xboxes are.

Anyways, here is my initial design:
user posted image
Note the part on the black where it says Nintendo Entertainment System. Anybody know a good way to get rid of the "XBOX" and put this in? Should I sand the XBOX off and paint over? How do I get a nice nintendo decal on? Thanks.

Anyways this is the jewel I want custom made:
user posted image
I made it as well as I could, I hope someone will be able to do it.

So can anybody give me some good ideas to get the XBOX on the black off and put a nice Nintendo Entertainment System logo on there?

Anybody know where I can get these 2 gray shades of paint? Im going to an auto store tommorrow, hope they have some.

Ill take any suggestions, thanks alot.

#2 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:31 AM

Make a fliptop on the edge over the dvd tray like the NES cartridge slot.

#3 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:33 AM

Now that would be cool

#4 spicymeatball911

spicymeatball911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:48 AM

Haha, that would rock. Ill try to do it since I got an extra broken nintendo. Only problem is I would have to change my color scheme, unless I make the flip thing partially black. Ill see what I can do without making it look trashy.

#5 deviation56

deviation56

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (spicymeatball911 @ Jan 5 2004, 02:48 AM)
Haha, that would rock. Ill try to do it since I got an extra broken nintendo. Only problem is I would have to change my color scheme, unless I make the flip thing partially black. Ill see what I can do without making it look trashy.

yah just spraypaint the flip door black biggrin.gif
or actually, does the flip thing already have a nintendo logo on it?

Edited by deviation56, 05 January 2004 - 12:50 AM.

#6 spicymeatball911

spicymeatball911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:55 AM

The nintendo logo is right on the flip so That would be convenient. I would probably have to move my drive more to the right but that wouldn't be too trick, maybe.

#7 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 12:56 AM

I meant just cutting the xbox case to make the fliptop, it'd match better. You'd have to cut both the top and bottom and attach the two pieces, but it'd be worth it.

#8 FLuKE11

FLuKE11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:Games, Women, Music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:03 AM

user posted image

aha that looks awesome

laugh.gif

#9 KapitanTurtle

KapitanTurtle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:18 AM

Looks like a good idea. To get the xbox off of the cd cover, I would just sand it down and then paint over it, or get like a sticker made to go where you need it.

#10 mastercheef

mastercheef

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:25 AM

That would be awesome! Be sure to take some pics when you're done.

#11 spicymeatball911

spicymeatball911

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:44 PM

Ohh, Ok cueball, I get whatcha sayin, thats anwesome idea, alot better than using the nintendo flip. Im a little scared of cutting the part off the DVD Drive, but it shouldn't be too hard, just gotta be careful.
Anybody know the best way to cut xbox plastic, like the case and a thck part through the front of the cdrom drive? A somewhat smooth way..
Just got my red cathode, haven't heard on jewel yet, getting paint today. Well Im painting and all this weekend most probably, unless it stops raining tommorrow. Ill post tons a pictures.
Thanks guys.
How do you think I should get a nintendo logo on the case? (not using sticker, maybe paint?)

Any other suggestions for making it cool?

#12 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 06:51 PM

Hmmm, it's going to be hard to paint that on there, I'm not sure what the best way would be. I also think you should put NintendoX Entertainment System or something. As for cutting the plastic, a dremel with a cutting wheel on it works well....it's really the same process as the people who do dvd window mods. I think this could come out looking really awesome.

#13 jkBHSO3

jkBHSO3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:08 AM

dude deviation56 your avatar ROCKS i love that movie and this nintendo box idea is wicked

Edited by jkBHSO3, 06 January 2004 - 06:12 AM.

#14 RoboChicken

RoboChicken

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (jkBHSO3 @ Jan 6 2004, 08:08 AM)
dude deviation56 your avatar ROCKS i love that movie and this nintendo box idea is wicked

That's a clip of the grammaton cleric bustin out his gun kata. Equilibrium rules! Matrix SUCKS!

Edited by RoboChicken, 06 January 2004 - 10:55 AM.

#15 i.stole.this.name

i.stole.this.name

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 12:38 PM

-BANNED- tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users