BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2002 - 04:11 PM

I sure wish they would reveal a few more details about this.

The 12-pin header on there looks like it might be a connection for a flash programmer, ala Matrix. Additionally, there is another connector on the side?? A simple BIOS selector (probably ties the A19 line low) and the adapter connector. On/Off and flash protection, which could be set up as external switches with a minimum of effort. Overall, a nice redesign, but the header has me very curious. Can this be externally programmed now?

Can somebody on the X2 team tell us?

It also looks like a nice finished board... I take it to mean the design is now (or will be shortly) rolling off the Chinese production lines?

user posted image

#2 obiwan

obiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 04:35 PM

the 12 pin header is not for a programmer
its for the lpc header (after you solder your male header to the board by taking the xbox mother board off (completely) and taking out the solder from the holes to do so)

wont a change like this cause more delays?

Edited by obiwan, 27 November 2002 - 04:36 PM.

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 November 2002 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (obiwan @ Nov 27 2002, 11:35 AM)
the 12 pin header is not for a programmer
its for the lpc header (after you solder your male header to the board by taking the xbox mother board off (completely) and taking out the solder from the holes to do so)

wont a change like this cause more delays?

I though that was what the thin white header was for... the "connection" adapter.

As for delays, obviously, it's delayed, it was supposed to be out this week.... however, what I see in the picture is a board that's ready to go. Assuming the changes were minor, and they've already produced a limited production prototype run, the delay would be minimal.

#4 obiwan

obiwan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 04:59 PM

but is that a real chip? or a computer generated image?

#5 Troll123

Troll123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:08 PM

I for one am hoping that IS for the male header on the LPC, I did that for my X1 installation and this will make it SO MUCH EASIER and stay nicely firm inside the xbox. please please let me it be so

#6 Spies

Spies

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:38 PM

how will the pogo pin adapter attatch to the chip? huh.gif

#7 duff

duff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Spies @ Nov 27 2002, 04:38 PM)
how will the pogo pin adapter attatch to the chip? huh.gif

See the white conector on chip (on the bottom of the image)? That will hook up to some wires that are attached to the pogo pin adaptor.

Edited by duff, 27 November 2002 - 05:50 PM.

#8 MrEs

MrEs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:47 PM

i heard that with the 1.1 xbox you dont have to take the solder out of the LPC holes for the header because there is none, its already solder free.... is this true?

#9 duff

duff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (MrEs @ Nov 27 2002, 04:47 PM)
i heard that with the 1.1 xbox you dont have to take the solder out of the LPC holes for the header because there is none, its already solder free.... is this true?

Yes, there is a different adaptor you can get for these motherboards. I forget what they are called and was going to look it up on x-ecuter.com, but it is down...

#10 Cornholio

Cornholio

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:54 PM

MrEs - yes, it's true, although I've heard that some 1.1 boxes have the solder, every one I have seen or heard of (from people I actually know) has no solder.

Edited by Cornholio, 27 November 2002 - 05:54 PM.

#11 Spies

Spies

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:55 PM

Pin Header & Socket

The LPC socket on the XBOX mainboard is actually designed to hold a row of pin headers so a simple adapter can be plugged onto it. On the majority of v1 consoles these holes are filled in with solder and need to be cleaned up with a solder pump and/or solder braid. However the v1.1 consoles LPC holes are not filled in so its very easy plug the header in and you're connected within minutes. Use of the pin header adapter with Xecuter has been a pet project of iMURDERER so we must give him credit for this device being added to our list of adapters.

That it?

#12 duff

duff

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Spies @ Nov 27 2002, 04:55 PM)

Pin Header & Socket

The LPC socket on the XBOX mainboard is actually designed to hold a row of pin headers so a simple adapter can be plugged onto it. On the majority of v1 consoles these holes are filled in with solder and need to be cleaned up with a solder pump and/or solder braid. However the v1.1 consoles LPC holes are not filled in so its very easy plug the header in and you're connected within minutes. Use of the pin header adapter with Xecuter has been a pet project of iMURDERER so we must give him credit for this device being added to our list of adapters.

That it?

Yup

#13 LumbraX

LumbraX

BANNED AGAIN - Multiple Abuses

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Interests:skateboarding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:57 PM

The new Xecuter 2 Lite design is sweet as can be. I preordered mine from Extreme-Mods.com wink.gif
I would have gone for the Pro but I cant wait that long. lol Im not a very patient man. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

God Bless the Xecuter team. jester.gif jester.gif

Edited by LumbraX, 27 November 2002 - 05:58 PM.

#14 Spies

Spies

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:58 PM

/me waits for a reputable UK reseller to start pre-orders

wonder if its gonna have similair allignment problems to the matrix while using the pogo pins unsure.gif

Edited by Spies, 27 November 2002 - 06:01 PM.

#15 Cornholio

Cornholio

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 06:01 PM

BenJeremy, I've been wondering about this too.

To me, the pic looks like a final - as in, they sent the new design off, and the chinese guys sent them some chips from a test run.

Sure does look neat and tidy. Nice design.

But that header.... is it for a programmer, or an LPC connection ? Neither makes much sense....

If it's for a programmer, then why get a Pro ? Surely you can coax this thing to do pretty much the same job...

If it's for the LPC, then why the extra connector? Why not just make the adaptors plug in to the header ?

And what IS the other (small) connection for? Is that where you wire up D0 perhaps ?

I'd love to know the answers.

Edited by Cornholio, 27 November 2002 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users