2 replies to this topic

#1 DreamWeb

DreamWeb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:30 PM

Hey guys! I hesitate to upgrade my bios because the version I'm using now (v 4978) has the embedded FTP which saved my butt once when I messed up my dashboard. I use a crappy Thompson drive which won't read a thing, so, a burnt CDR wasn't an option.

My question is this... Why was it taken out? I'd really like to upgrade my bios... but, I figured that I'm better off with an older bios that has the FTP, than with the new bios that doesn't.

Thanks guys!

d.

#2 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 January 2004 - 04:39 PM

it was only a proof of concept. x-ecuter wanted to show that a xbe can be embedded into the bios and run when needed. now it's taken out because all the people with chips that only hold 256 kb are complaining and some games just won't run if the bios is bigger than 256 kb. halo is one of them.

#3 noahphex

noahphex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (DreamWeb @ Jan 5 2004, 12:30 PM)
Hey guys! I hesitate to upgrade my bios because the version I'm using now (v 4978) has the embedded FTP which saved my butt once when I messed up my dashboard. I use a crappy Thompson drive which won't read a thing, so, a burnt CDR wasn't an option.

My question is this... Why was it taken out? I'd really like to upgrade my bios... but, I figured that I'm better off with an older bios that has the FTP, than with the new bios that doesn't.

Thanks guys!

d.

Yea I like this function as well.

Is there a way to embed an FTP server back into a 4980/1 bios now??

I know XBTool cannot do it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users