Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:56 PM

This thread is for you users out there to offer your opinions as to what you would like to see in the next release canidate.

Please note that i will not accept any negative attitude, whinning, bitching or moaning over anything, and it will be deleted immediately. Post constructive opinions only.

Also keep in mind that using the latest souces has obviously already been considered, so you need not offer that suggestion.

#2 Favonius

Favonius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:16 PM

an option to adjust the analog stick sensitivity would be nice

#3 Iriez

Iriez

XBINS TOTALITARIAN

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,723 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:17 PM

It was going to be in the first public version but oDD did not want to delay the release any further.

#4 tlc

tlc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:18 PM

Would it be possible to not show the configuration screen when selecting the rom, and just play the game after the initial configuration? Like have configuration as a separate button or something...

Great work.

#5 StormyEmotions

StormyEmotions

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:18 PM

Save game manager is probably the only big thing really needed with controller senstivitly asking for anything else like the abilty to download game saves or Xlink support is just pushing it i feel. You could also add headset support for Hey you pikachu i guess aswell its not really that important.

Edited by StormyEmotions, 06 January 2004 - 02:39 PM.

#6 puddytay

puddytay

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:22 PM

get the controller config to actually work in game. I cant get it to work. It saves and then wont use that config.

that and more compatibility is all I want.

#7 Dahak

Dahak

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Two things I'd like to see:

1) Support for multiple Mempacks, so I could rebuild my WWE No Mercy roster to the heights of it's glory. biggrin.gif

2) Make the in-game menu (right thumb menu) less graphic intensive *if* it will cut down on memory usage to do so. It eats about half a meg or more now when you access it, and this can be enough to crash a game. If there's nothing that can be done here, I understand.

#8 yodanut

yodanut

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

First on my list is support for the diagonals when the C-buttons are mapped to one of the analog sticks. That is to say, diagonal left up would be like pressing left-C and up-C at once. That would allow for true dual-look controls in games like Goldeneye (though now you can use the D-pad for movement, which does work well, but the analog stick would be most comfortable).

#9 Jagosix

Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:26 PM

Hello smile.gif, Surreal is way kool. I would like 2 c an option for the screen size adjustment. Also like the other emus the resolution/pixel frame option also would be nice. Hey while u're @ it network option would be the bomb. Online play with other people using the n64 games that'll be awesome.

#10 XDAWG

XDAWG

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:30 PM

Ok maybe just a question. The stars that show what emu runs the game the best. How can you set this say for example "GAME A" runs on 1964 the best is there anyway you can manually put the star on that emu it runs on the best?

#11 tlc

tlc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (XDAWG @ Jan 6 2004, 04:30 PM)
Ok maybe just a question. The stars that show what emu runs the game the best. How can you set this say for example "GAME A" runs on 1964 the best is there anyway you can manually put the star on that emu it runs on the best?

Iriez says that you can hit Y on the one that you want preferred.

#12 Arius

Arius

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:35 PM

On the whole I think it is amazingly good and have no real complaints or moans (how could I)

the only thing on a wish list would be maybe a few more video plugins if it would help some of the graphical glitch's in some games.

But I know so little about that type of thng I dont know if it would make a diffrence.

#13 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:36 PM

get the controller config to actually work in game. I cant get it to work. It saves and then wont use that config.

I'll second that. that will make it easier to fine tune the controller to my particular likings.

#14 sanni

sanni

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:43 PM

"use this controls for all players" and "Reset all controls to default"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I want to edit the controls of a special game, I have to edit it 4 times because there are 4 controllers/player. An option like "use this controls for all players" would be nice.
Furthermore I would suggest a "Reset all controls to default" option.

frame limiter
----------------
Another suggestion may be a frame limiter that can be turned on and off. As an example 30fps for NTSC because if you play GTA 3 on the PC you notice that with framelimiter on it play better and subjectively faster.
As an example: Sometimes a game has like 60fps and then one second later only 35 and it appears as a little slowdown. With the framelimiter on this wouldn't be so.

8-way C-Stick (the yellow buttons)
--------------------------------------------
If you play Goldeneye and use the 1.2 Solitaire control setting you will move forward/backward and strafe left/right with one controlstick(the yellow buttons).
But if you want to circle around an enemy you have to pull lets say both C-Up and C-Left. You can't to this with the "yellow buttons controlstick" because it has only 4 direction at the moment.

I hope you could understand what I want to point out cause I'm pretty bad in speaking or writing enlish freely. (I'm german rolleyes.gif )

Edit:

just two more wink.gif

Backgroundmusic like in the Xport Emus would be sweet.

And I accidentally switch between Mempack and Rumblepack when I make stunts in Waverace. Maybe you could add an option to configure the button wich makes the switching happening.

Edit2:
Zelda Masterquest Boxart is missing.

Edited by sanni, 06 January 2004 - 03:41 PM.

#15 shorty

shorty

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 02:44 PM

You know how some games have the star thingy on the most suitable emulator, how about once we have a more complete compatability list that we get that on for most/all games that work..... thats not relly a suggestion i know,

But once that is implemented, we could have an option to do away with the core selection screen and let the emulator choose which core is best for each game.... (But the star thing is good enough for me)

EDIT:: Just saw the post about hitting Y, top stuff!!

Another thought - the save/load state thing.... maybe its just me being a dumbass, but its been an ongoing thing with me and emulators, when i get really far in a game and go to save state, i've lost count of how many times i have mistakenly chosen to load instead and lost all my hard work, same works in reverse, i screw up and then go to load my last good save, but i overwrite it by mistake......lol... so we could have and "are you sure" type dialogue come up?..... (Just noticed that mempaks and eeproms are supported, so this doesnt really make much difference any more smile.gif)

Most important one.... can you make it do my housework?

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

Edited by shorty, 06 January 2004 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users