4 replies to this topic

#1 yater

yater

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 12:09 AM

Hey,

I have a couple questions I wanted to know if it is worth getting a dvd burner for xbox (money is not really a big problem I can get them kind of cheap). I was going to use cdrw cds for my xbox with cd rips but are they really bad compared to have dvds?

And last question can you use dvd-r or do you need dvd-rw?

Thanks

#2 smurf

smurf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 02:42 AM

I would go for a DVD Writer, best thing i did for a long time was to purchase 1. Alot of games are coming out for the xbox that are simply 2 big 2 rip to cd-rw, u can always get the multiple cd rips (Not 2 keen on em), but u are still stuck with a small set of rip releases. If u have the money like u say u have then its money well spent.

An example of a cd-rw rip that springs to mind is spyhunter. the rip had 3gb of movies ripped out, thats alot of shit to rip.

obviously there are down sides the dvd's aswell. Metal gear solid is about 6gb so it wont fit on a dvdr so ur screwed there 2.

My suggestion to make sure u r as future proof as can be is to get a dvd writer and a large HD cos even if the game is over 4.3gb the release groups always make a multi dvdr version that can be dumped on to the xbox HD.

U can use %99.9 of general dvd-r media and 2 be honest it seems to work better than the dvd-rw even at 2x.

biggrin.gif

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 November 2002 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (yater @ Nov 27 2002, 07:09 PM)
Hey,

I have a couple questions I wanted to know if it is worth getting a dvd burner for xbox (money is not really a big problem I can get them kind of cheap). I was going to use cdrw cds for my xbox with cd rips but are they really bad compared to have dvds?

And last question can you use dvd-r or do you need dvd-rw?

Thanks

I wouldn't install the burner in your Xbox. It won't be nearly as useful there.

#4 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 November 2002 - 03:20 AM

Actually.. under Linux.. a burner would be a cool Mod... smile.gif

#5 manschadow

manschadow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 November 2002 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Nov 28 2002, 02:20 AM)

If I were you, I would put a bigger HD in xbox and then there is no use for a Dvd Writer. That is the method I use though. See what is the best for you.smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users