#61 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:03 AM

ADDITION to SECTION 1: Producing a perfect working XBOX ISO Back-Up Image.

Available January 4, 2003.. a new GUI Front-End for MS XBOX Game Disk Premastering Utility program called GAME DISK FORMAT Image GUI v1.0 by cryogen1.interfree.it. This program has all of the same functionality of XBOX ISO IMAGE MAKER / ISOMAKER 1.21, with one exception, it can produce GDF’d .ISO files with LONGER filenames. ISOMAKER is limited to 8.3 format.

Download Source #1 user posted image

or

Download Source #2 user posted image

If you download from Source #1, you will have an Auto-Installer Window pop up that looks like the following:

user posted image

You can select the default location, or you can click on the “BROWSE” button to select another director to place the new EXECUTABLE. Click INSTALL Button…

user posted image

(If your downloaded from source #2, or anywhere else that may have RAR or ZIP compressed the file.. simply drag the files and folders onto your desktop or another suitable place.)

An executable ICON is produced called GDFImage GUI.exe is produced, and a holding folder for GDFIMAGE. Note: you must supply the GDFIMAGE.EXE tool yourself.

Now that it is installed, click on GDFImageGui.EXE…

user posted image

Step 1/2: Browse your way to the directory that has the RIPPED files that comprise your XBOX Game Backup! In our earlier example C:\XBOXGAME.

user posted image

Step 2/2: Select a location for your new GDF’d ISO file. You can use the browse button to select a drive and folder if the DEFAULT is not wished!

Click on CONVERT to continue… this process will take from 10 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the speed of your system, size and speed of your PC Hard Drives, and other variables.

user posted image

Finished!

#62 phatty

phatty

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 08:33 PM

Using this guide i got my xbox to read cd-r not cd-rw but cd-r. AND it has a thompson drive

#63 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:14 AM

Congrats. beerchug.gif

I'd like to hear more Thompson success stories. In the beginning.. I heard 10 per day on average...

I've actually got some interesting figures from contacts.. that CDRW give more grief than CDR for a test group!

#64 TrUnX

TrUnX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:03 AM

i wanted to make a backup this way... will it work
i downloaded a .rar file and extracted it, now i have eph-cc.001, eph-cc.002 all the way to eph-cc.007 now i extracted the .001 and burnt the .cue file i got from it, Will this work??

#65 StoneRoses

StoneRoses

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 03:18 PM

HSDEMONZ,
First of all. Thanks for great guide...

But I have one quick question:

"How can I burn a readable UDF CDR?"

I sucessfully burn UDF image on CDRW but it'd be very nice to have it on a CDR... I want to make DivX CD® that can be played on both PC and XBOX.

My XBOX has Thompson drive in it... sad.gif

#66 Player

Player

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 11:16 PM

HSDEMONZ,
Thanks for the tutorials. I know it takes time to test and figure these procedures out. I'm new to the XBox scene and I wanted to check on one thing that confused me. I have a few downloaded games that I unrared to a .iso image. I used your XDFSExtract method with no problem. I now have my folder with a ton .IFF extensions and a sub folder which is named Media. Do I use GDFImageGui.EXE now and if so what folder do I have it start with? All of your examples showed only one folder when using GDFImageGui.EXE. Thanks for all of your hard work.

#67 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 01:30 AM

TrUnX..
i wanted to make a backup this way... will it work
i downloaded a .rar file and extracted it, now i have eph-cc.001, eph-cc.002 all the way to eph-cc.007 now i extracted the .001 and burnt the .cue file i got from it, Will this work??

This is BLATANT PRIRACY.. and not condoned by XBOX-SCENE.

If you have downloaded something.. then the details I've already given on "acquired" backups is all I'm allowed to say!

It is more important to me.. and other members of this site.. to keep this guide UP! Giving you help to clearly PIRATE will get it taken down!

Reveiw this guide.. and other tutorials on this site, including the FAQs FORUM. With everything we have documented... you will find you answers.

Edited by HSDEMONZ, 08 January 2003 - 01:34 AM.

#68 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 01:32 AM

STONEROSES
"How can I burn a readable UDF CDR?"

The only CDR method that EVER worked for any XBOX for me.. was the one I detail... that.. and the original www.PRECISIONMODS.com one I gave reference to.

As for UDF CDR.. Nero and RecordnowMax should easily burn UDF CDR... whether your Particular XBOX reads it is another matter... smile.gif

Edited by HSDEMONZ, 08 January 2003 - 01:33 AM.

#69 TrUnX

TrUnX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 01:38 AM

downloaded a game that i own i meant to say :/ its too scratched up for the xbox to read it... i said downloaded becuz i did, but i already own it... will it work??? yes or no plzzz dont tell me to read the faq cuz i did

Edited by TrUnX, 08 January 2003 - 01:39 AM.

#70 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 01:44 AM

PLAYER...
I now have my folder with a ton .IFF extensions and a sub folder which is named Media. Do I use GDFImageGui.EXE now and if so what folder do I have it start with?

okay.. I'll give you a simple example. You have downloaded GAME X, de-archived it (revealing ISO file) then ran XDFSExtractor on the ISO, sending the files to C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP. (Directory name isn't important.. but I'm trying to get a point across!)

Given your example...

C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP\MEDIA\somepics.jpg
C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP\MEDIA\blahblah.mpg
C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP\game.XBE
C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP\something.IFF
C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP\somethingelse.IFF
C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP\etc.IFF

So.. now.. when you fire up GDFIMAGEGUI... point it to C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP. This is the ROOT directory for your BACKUP!

Same goes if you use any other GUI like ISOMAKER. point it to C:\I-REALLY-DO-OWN-THIS-BACKUP.

Directory name isn't important.. as long as you point your tools to it!

BTW... XBOX-SCENE does not condone PIRACY.. so next time state you own what you are backing up. Thanks!

#71 Player

Player

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 03:11 AM

HSDEMONZ,
Thanks for the reply. I do own the two games that I was able to download. Since I'm still a noob I have not learned and do not have all of the hardware to backup myself. But with your excellent tutorials I'm sure I will be a pro at it in no time. I sure do not want to get XBOX-SCENE in trouble as I have learned a lot from you and others who have spent time teaching. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

#72 StoneRoses

StoneRoses

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2003 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Jan 8 2003, 01:32 AM)
As for UDF CDR.. Nero and RecordnowMax should easily burn UDF CDR... whether your Particular XBOX reads it is another matter... smile.gif

Yeah... I know that.
I successfully burn XBOX-readable UDF CD on CDRW with my cheapo cd burner. But no luck with the CDR.
But my XBOX can read the CDR that I burned following your guide (use Clone CD to reread GDF’ed ISO and burn them using Fireburner)...

What is the differences between using cue/bin from CloneCD to burn CD and directly burn it from the ISO?

I have go further by trying to rip UDF CDRW that works on XBOX with CloneCD and burn the CloneCD image using same settings as your CDR guide. The CDR I made that way was totally screw up. It's not readable PC and XBOX... sad.gif

#73 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:49 AM

What is the differences between using cue/bin from CloneCD to burn CD and directly burn it from the ISO?

The Process I came up with for CDR burning.. using CLONE CD to produce a working BIN/CUE.. was out of desperate attempts to get CD's to work PERIOD on my XBOX. The original Precisionmods cheme worked.. but was a pain in the ass.

As for why it is better... don't know and don't care! smile.gif As long as it works reliably!

You'd never believe the amount of burning software I had installed at the time... 22 unique burners, 15 cd/dvd reading utils, and a host of image loaders.

Course.. at the same time.. I was also trying to get the PC to read RETAIL XBOX DISKS... and published my findings here.

#74 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:34 AM

SECTION 8 Addition to FIRMWARE section

POST MARKER: ADDITIONALDVDFIRMWAREHACKING

Since my original posts regarding FIRMWARE options.. I've been doing a dedicated test of a particular firmware hack for the PIONEER DVR-A04 (A04/104).

The firmware used was...

v1.33 (RPC-1 + 2x for all) Enable any media to burn @ 2x on DVR-A04/104

Links to same.. and other firmware... http://firmwares.co.uk/

Blanks used for testing...
(ADVDInfo details)

Princo unbrabded White-Top (100)
00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 98 0C 13 .B...@....P.....
76 78 80 00 03 50 52 49 4E 43 4F 00 04 00 01 00 VX...PRINCO.....
00 00 00 00 05 88 80 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Princo BULKPAQ GEN 1 (50)
00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 98 0C 13 .B...@....P.....
76 78 80 00 03 50 52 49 4E 43 4F 00 04 00 00 00 VX...PRINCO.....
00 00 00 00 05 88 80 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Princo DVD-R 4.7 GB (white branded top) (50)
00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 7A 0C 15 .B...@....P..Z..
77 78 90 00 03 54 44 4B 47 30 31 00 04 30 30 30 WX...TDKG01..000
30 64 39 00 05 CC C0 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 0D9.............

OPTODISC BLUE DISK RETAIL 1x (50)
00 42 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 50 00 02 7A 0C 15 .B...@....P..Z..
77 78 90 00 03 4F 50 54 4F 44 49 00 04 53 43 00 WX...OPTODI..SC.
00 00 00 00 05 CC C0 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 ................

I've been burning exclusively XBOX Backups using the Firmware 1.33-2x4ALL for weeks now.

My burns have consisted of making GDF'd ISO (following techniques described in this guide, and burning them with RecordNow Max v4.50 by STOMP, INC/Veritas using Build/PxEngine 450b20b.358 and Ahead Nero v5.5.10.0. For the sake of shits and giggles about 10 percent of all of these burns were done in UDF Data mode.

RecordNow Max was used 70% of the time.. as it is my FAV at the moment. New Nero is winning back some users.

I've been burning 2x speeds on all of the above 1x media, with 11 out of 250 duds! That's less than 1% failure rate. I attribute this failure to the fact that Princo are generally the bottom of the barrel.. and expect some to fail regardless of attempted burning speed!

Burning them was only half the test. I then loaded and played them (of course not in their entirety). Once that worked.. I moved onto my XBCOPY / BOXPLORER /FLASHFTP read techniques for complete verification of files. File comparisons were made.

I can say that now, after burning 250 DVD-R using the A04 and the 2x4all 1.33 firmware, I can safely say I'm hooked. DVD burning time cut in half!

What I did NOT test.. was DVD Movie Burning. Yes.. I burn 6 or 7 DVD movies, and all worked fine in my set up players. But 6 or 7 burns is hardly conclusive. I also did NOT test DVD-RW re-write burns. I have no interest in DVD-RW at the moment!

I must stress, however.. that flashing your PIONEER, or any piece of hardware, with hacked or cracked firmware can be risky, and may destroy or hardware. You may also find that while you may be able to burn cheap media faster.. some other media may stop working.

USE CRACKED or HACKED FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Sites of interest:
http://www.dvdplusrw...m/ikonboard.cgi
http://forum.firmwar...h.com/index.php

Edited by HSDEMONZ, 22 August 2003 - 03:43 AM.

#75 Steve

Steve

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 09:22 PM

Might sound like a stupid question but can i rip my dvd movies onto my xbox harddrive with hdd loader or xboxcopy??

any help or advice will be appreciated

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users