• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 November 2002 - 01:51 AM

Has anyone tried these Samsung BeAll disc yet? I can't find much info on this brand of disc but what I found here.

I even looked at the firmware forums site but but there was no info there. If anyone has tried these disc please reply. Thanks !

#2 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:13 AM

Bump wink.gif

#3 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:46 AM

You'd think somebody has tried these out....

Perhaps they are just too new?

#4 Merle Corey

Merle Corey

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2002 - 02:28 AM

I've used 'em in my Sony DRU-500A. I only bought a couple for testing purposes (and ended up buying Accu in bulk because they also worked and were cheaper), but the two I bought worked fine for me.

Of course, I've yet to find a DVD-R or DVD+R that my Xbox doesn't like. YMMV.

MC

#5 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 03:34 PM

Merle, can you tell me more about the disc you used. Where you got them and if they have a spot to write on them with a felt tip marker? Or are they just silvertops?

When I emailed Meritline to ask about the disc. The gal that replied made no sense. I guess English isn't her first language. This picture looks like it has a writable top but you can't always go by the pictures on their website.
user posted image

#6 Merle Corey

Merle Corey

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 November 2002 - 05:25 PM

I bought 'em at cdrdvdrmedia.com. The ones I got are silvertops, but I haven't had any problems writing on them with a black Sharpie. The Accu (also from cdrdvdrmedia.com, also silvertops) came in at almost half the price of the BeAll, at $0.84 each in quantity 100.

It's possible that Meritline is selling 'em with writable tops. Honestly, the best thing to do would probably be to buy a couple and see how they work out for you. (Or Meritline has the sampler pack for trying out a bunch of different brands.)

Just shout out if you have any more questions about 'em - I'll answer to the best of my ability.

MC

#7 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 01:33 PM

Merle, Thanks for the info. A friend of mine bought some. We'll try them out. It might be worth spending the extra money on the more expensive disc than buying the cheap ones. I'll post the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users